Baritone Mouthpieces

Jeff DeMello

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, get ready to cringe....

I marched an 11C !!!  ( Darn trombone players trying to play Bari!!!! )  I know it seems a little small for Corps, but being a jazzer Ijust couldn't give up my "range" mouthpiece for one of those oversized heavy flow things.  I think it worked out OK. It just forced me to focus my air a little more.

Jen Swanson

Looks like a big reunion here.  :)

Alright, Bunny, bite me.  :p The Schilke "C" cup is for wusses. jk

Jen, Jen, Jen. Knowing that you were playing an 11C made me want to puke. No offense. I remember in December I played a 6 1/2 AL because I forgot my 5GS at home. I was so ###### because the mouthpiece wasnt taking all of the air I was putting into it, and the mouthpiece didnt sit right on my embrouchure because the cup diameter was too small. In January, I brought my 5GS, and Bunny can vouch for me. Let's just say 'things were different'.  ]:-)

Honestly, whatever you like that gets the job done, thats cool. I played the Bach 5GS in 1999, and 2001 because I thought it was the perfect mouthpiece for this venue, (drum corps). Medium deep cup, medium wide diameter, semi-sharp rim with a large, open backbore to really send all the air you want to, through the horn. It was great.

I cant wait to play these new mouthpieces Wayne came out with.

• 3 weeks later...

I switch between a schilke 51B and bach 6 1/2 AL, depending on my mood

hi all!!!!

Lets see...when I played euph the last 2 years I was on the 6 1/2 AL (the whole euph line was)  now that I've moved up a Part, and am Playing much higher parts in the Show (Thanks Kievet... We love playing Higher than the Mellos and Some of the Sops!)   I now play on a Shilke 47  and I love it.. real comfortable, ots of flexability and Much more endurance around the uperparts (it also makes the Bari Sing in the Higher Parts of La Fiesta!!)