2 Percussion Rules Proposals

MikeN

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, DCI should look at how DCA does it. but, when you look at the DCI sheets, patterned off of BOA, i believe the judge is upstairs there too

I am not a percussionist so I don't know a whole lot about how the judge judges on the field but to me it is hard for a judge running all over the place to be able to hear everything that is going on and to hear the minute ticks they would hear. I am in favor of the judge in the stands because I am tired of seeing that green shirt getting in the way of things on the field. I never notice the brass or the visual judge but you always see the drum judge like he wants all the attention. Also after seeing several judges get wacked this past year is it really worth the safty of the judge. Finally I think that many lines are not being judged on there performance inside the ensemble and should be reflected on the percussion judges score.

After reading multiple replies, I can see where the different reasons come to place. I just want to add that the term performance really means something to me. If the current drum judge goes to the stands, how can you really see the performance (other than from a distance). The performance should be judged by the character of the performers from up close.

Oh, and DCI did tell DCP that these are the only rules proposals out there this year...

Mike

good they ####ed enough rules up last year