2004 Hornlines

bandette bari2

Who's hornline will improve the most?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who's hornline will improve the most?

• SCV
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Blue Devils
    • Blue Knights
    • Cadets
    • Cavies
    • Crossmen
    • Glassmen
    • Seattle Cascades
    • Madison Scouts
    • Court of Honor
    • Magic of Orlando
    • Spirit
    • Colts
    • Pioneer
    • Troopers
    • Southwind
    • Other

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's true that Pioneer only had 28-33 horns at the New Orleans camp, but a lot of our members are still in high school and had a hard time with missing school, etc. Besides, most of us live in those upper midwest states, so that was quite the treck for being in February. Our hornline is looking to increase by nearly 20 this season, and our music is much more... exciting? We are definitely hyping it, and it helps that there are probably 60% more returning vets from last year than last season. Our average age and experience level has gone up, there have been some very positive staff changes, and this show is more of a traditional Pioneer repertoire. I'm looking for success similar to 97... though I know that we have a long ways to go.

But besides us I would have to say Madison Scouts... flashback to 95? 96? They were a lot more successful this past season and probably have attracted that many more people. I would love to see them top 5.. along with SCV, Phantom, Cadets and... Blue Devils too, of which I'm a big fan, but for some reason I just don't see it happening for them or Cavaliers this season... no real reason, just a feeling. :rolleyes:

Edited by newterak

I say Phantom Regiment will improve... they alreqady got the really loud and pretty tone to the voice... now they just need hard music... hoping they get hard music hehe...

Chad Pence is a great instructor. Capital Regiment will definitely get better. As far as most improved I don't see it. Take into account the available room for improvement. I predict crown. Go figure right? No joke though. This has been the best playing hornline i've ever been in at crown by far.

I agree, and that is saying something. The talent in the 2002 hornline was nothing that Crown had seen at that point and they started off sounding great! It was the show that got Crown 2002 in the end.

Off hand I would say SCV. It seems that Gino does some amazing things with the hornlines he has worked with. I dont know how he does it, but I'll be attending some of SCV's rehearsals to witness the master class.

Hey swtrojan, does John Hardwick still teach at the Americano's? I know he was there in '02.

The secret is that everyone respects what he has to say and actually do the things he asks of them.

Edited by BOSMarcher

I say Phantom Regiment will improve... they alreqady got the really loud and pretty tone to the voice... now they just need hard music... hoping they get hard music hehe...

I wouldn't exactly call what they played in 2003 easy...

Just because they aren't playing a zillion fast notes all the time doesn't make it simple. It is just as difficult to play a slower more melodic piece with good sound, tone, balance, musicality, intonation, etc. as it is to play a fast piece with a lot of technical demands. It's just a different kind of difficulty.

Besides, Phantom Regiment had a lot of technically demanding parts of their show too.

But I'm sure they could handle something more difficult too.

:P

I would say Crown, but since they aren't on there, I voted for Troopers