Drum corps from Thailand

Ape

Thfe season was already ended on August 8, 2004. Almost 1000 people came to Siamyth 's first full show. After we did a couple run0through in the morning, at half pasted noon, three snares came to the hall gate and started the "Siamyth Intermission" solo infront of the hall. Then the two teners took after the snares almost suddenly. Many hundred people could view Siamyth drumline member very close.

1.oopm-almost 3.oopm Siamyth hornline made the workshop inside the hall. The workshop was about self practice, wind control and many tecnics that horn player should know. Also, in the park near the hall, Siamyth drumline took that place for the drumline workshop. The drumline also talked about basic training, self warm up, snare break through, teners things, basses exercises and many tricks. About 100 people attended the drumline 's workshop.

Then, after a few minutes of breaking, all people moved in to the hall, ready for Siamyth full show. Siamyth started eith the music "First Step Of Cool" and followed with "Malahuena" that was very "HOT" style playing.

After te show, it was a speach of Mr.Chumpol, the director of Siamyth. He talked about how Siamyth 've came and what will gonna ve in 2005. Finally, Siamyth played "America Beautiful and Oh Canada" as the finale of the show.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah ! More drum corps in ASIA!! Hardly any of my relatives in China and Hong Kong know what it is... my mom didn't even know what to call it in Chinese... so we made up a name for it.... for color guard... "MO KAY LUONG CHUANG" (???) haha say it out loud.... it means ... perform flag twirl gun... literally

My uncle who doesn't speak any English came for vacation this past summer and went to the CT DCI show. He was moved so much by all the performances and kept on wanting to go to more shows... maybe he'll come back next summer and go to Gillete. Anyway this proves music is most certainly the universal language!

Thanks guys for making his day! :)

Ape -

I'm happy to hear how successful Siamyth has been thus far! I look forward to the future to see what else Siamyth brings to the drum corps world! Siamyth is definately paving the way for more drum corps in Thailand and drum corps in Southeast Asia for that manner. Is there still a colorguard in the works as we discussed before?

hello,

I 'm thinking that the board will include the cologuard in the next season or at least 2006. There are a lot of colorguard players that wanting to join with Siamyth. The only one reason of not have it in 2004 is, in our team or this group of friends who build Siamyth, we don't have anyone that can be colorguard staff. Hopefully, we will find someone that also have the same attitude to join us. We havee a lot of good colorguard teacher but they don't have thhe same attitude as Siamyth.

Moreover, one of school that will be in this year Thai marching compettition was already audition people under 22 to be the member. They auditioned brass, percussion and guard player to jojin with their their student. I think it may be the starting of the second drum corps here. The head staff was the guy who travel around US for seeing how to teach with many corps in 2002. The other staff of this band was with Cavie 2003 as an obserber and volunteer. His name is "Sam". This two guys pretty close to Siamyth but have a few differents idea of making a corps, so we haven't join together.

In 2005, it "may" be happened that we have 2 drum corps making hte event together. It 's going to be the starting of DCT.

I heard the roumer that in southern and north-eastern of Thailand, there 's a group of people interresting in making a corps on their own way. If it 's true, Thailand will have a drum corps compettition soon. It will make us develop faster than just Siamyth.

For me, I will be in the bass line of Siamyth 2005 to help them improve the skill. 2004 bass line was disaster. Then in 2006, if they turn to be a junior corps, I will try to go to USA to march with the senior corps their for another FULL season :)

Ape

--------------------------

Hi, Do you know Kasam? He marched Scouts Pit in 1999 and 2000. There was also another guy from Thailand that marched. Also, we had two guys travel with the Scouts one year. THere names were Aon and Fin. Do you know them? Are they the two that were starting the other corps??Any help would be great!

-----------------------------------------

Kasem is one of the best drum lines teacher in Thailand. He also teaches percussion in University. This season, the school that he 've tought and used to travel around for clinic under the support from Pearl will be in the compettition. That 's what everyone is looking for. Also, Kasem is a consultant of Siamyth with Chumpol who is direct the corps and Moo work as a percussion director.

About Aon who traveled around with Scout. He is teaching another school for this compettition too. His band is the one that audition people for the season. I heard that he is working with another one named "Go" who marched with Blueknight in 2004. Also, Aon is the horn line consultant for Siamyth too. He said that the next season he will be a horn line instructor that can teach more often.

In Siamyth there 's another one from The Phanthom, "Joon" who traveled with The Phanthom 2003. He is Program co. and visual staff. He teached 4 times champion school marching band here. This year he will be the conducter of the top marching band in Japan.

About the other one named "Fin", I don't personally know this guy. Unfortunately that I don't have their email right now. But you can contact Kasem easily by www.drumlinetoday.com. He makes this web-site to be a drum line center for Thai people.

Ape

• 2 weeks later...

Ape -

Wow! That's so exciting, more drum corps popping up in Thailand! Hopefully when I return to Thailand one day (whenever the heck that is), I'll be able to watch a drum corps show/competition! I find it wonderful how many interested people there are in Thailand for drum corps, I definately look forward to the future of Thai drum corps!

And in 2006, hopefully you will get to march a full season instead just half of a season of senior corps if Siamyth turns into a junior corps. It was a wonderful experience marching with you, even for that short amount of time. You'll definately have to let me in on your plans when 2006 nears!

Ape:

I enjoy reading your good news about the growth of drum corps in Thailand. Looks like the excitement could be contagious! Anyway, it all sounds very cool. Keep us informed! :)

I am speechless. This is just simply AWESOME!!

• 3 months later...
--------------------------

Hi, Do you know Kasam? He marched Scouts Pit in 1999 and 2000. There was also another guy from Thailand that marched. Also, we had two guys travel with the Scouts one year. THere names were Aon and Fin. Do you know them? Are they the two that were starting the other corps??Any help would be great!

-----------------------------------------

Kasem is one of the best  drum lines teacher in Thailand. He also teaches percussion in University. This season, the school that he 've tought and used to travel around for clinic under the support from Pearl will be in the compettition. That 's what everyone is looking for. Also, Kasem is a consultant of Siamyth with Chumpol who is direct the corps and Moo work as a percussion director.

About Aon who traveled around with Scout. He is teaching another school for this compettition too. His band is the one that audition people for the season. I heard that he is working with another one named "Go" who marched with Blueknight in 2004. Also, Aon is the horn line consultant for Siamyth too. He said that the next season he will be a horn line instructor that can teach more often.

In Siamyth there 's another one from The Phanthom, "Joon" who traveled with The Phanthom 2003. He is Program co. and visual staff. He teached 4 times champion school marching band here. This year he will be the conducter of the top marching band in Japan.

About the other one named "Fin", I don't personally know this guy. Unfortunately that I don't have their email right now. But you can contact Kasem easily by www.drumlinetoday.com. He makes this web-site to be a drum line center for Thai people.

Ape

Ape,

I have had trouble contacting Kasem, and after the tragedy in South Asia, was wondering if everyone over there is ok?!? Please tell me they are. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

Please let us know you are ok, and if you have heard from Kasem.

Thanks,

Bryan

Ape:

Old Dutch Boy Cadet from Canada, I don't like to bring this up but.........were there any members of your corps involved in the tsunami???????????

Our prayer and thoughts are with everyone over there, Godspeed.

Edited by Old Dutch Boy Cadet