Drum corps from Thailand

Ape

Ape,

I talked to Sam (or has he spelled it, "Zam") many times during the 2003 tour. He was a nice guy and always willing to talk about anything. If you see him anytime soon, let him know that The Cavaliers say hi. :)

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I need to say "Thank you very much" for every words or prays from every one after the Tzunami. Fortunately, I didn't hear that some in marching society was killed in this disaster. We are living finely and doing the 2005 stuffs.

For Siamyth, this is our 3rd season which we called “The Pirates Pathway.”. After the "First Step Of Cool" in 2004, we begin with the second step of having a front line section for the corps. Siamyth is now growing up to 43 horns, 16 batterries and 7 pits. That 's mean we are middle size drum and bugle corps right now. In the next season, what if we plus some music members and add with the guard section?? A lot of guards are looking for joining with the corps, unfortunately, we con't support them in this season.

The Siamyth 's aim for 2005 is making a good standart of show. At least the same standart to the top 5 marching bands in Thailand. We develop our new scheadule, rehearsal on every Sunday plus 7 days camp every las week of the month until the grand show on 8th of May. Last season, we had a lot of problem for rehearsal that leaded us to having not enough rehearsal for the show. Our program co-ordinater create the new scheaadul for every member that almost a college students and working age.

If you are interrested in keeping your eyes on Siamyth, hook up to www.siamyth.tk for our website. Almost of them are in Thai, but we provide the English menu and some topics. The media, such as pictures of passed season is already uploaded and sounds or VDO clips will be uploaded soonly.

Please let me know the comments of our site and what we are doing.

Ape.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ape!

I'm very impressed with how Siamyth is going right now! I'm happy that Siamyth is successful and running strong. I wish Siamyth luck this season and for many seasons to come!

On another note, I'm planning on studying in Bangkok in the near future. I've been looking into Srinakharinwirot University in Bangkok, as they have one of my majors. I'm going to double major in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL) and Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL). My goal is to teach in Thailand as well! So I'll be in Thailand in the future, I just don't know when!

• 2 months later...