Info for the Red Carpet Association

i looked in Jodeen Popp's history books, she has more about ICA, RCA's follow up circuit than RCA

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can add MY 2 cents about RCA... it was born at a meeting/party whatever you want to call it, as a bar that no longer exists in Harrisburg called the (of all things)

Red Carpet Lounge!

Not sure of any other details other than that, I drove by the place for years and years, and never knew that Drum Corps history was made at a little bar about 2 miles from where I grew up!

(I forget who told me that, or where I heard it, but.....)

I would love to hear more about this,................E-Phive?, ask your dad?

Don't forget the Pittsburgh Rockets and Maumee Demons.....

Guess first step is to plow thru the scores and list which corps competed in the RCA and what years. More I look the more corps I never heard of pop up.

Can't forget the Rockets, have a former Rocket marching with Hanover....

I can add MY 2 cents about RCA... it was born at a meeting/party whatever you want to call it, as a bar that no longer exists in Harrisburg called the (of all things)

Red Carpet Lounge!

Not sure of any other details other than that, I drove by the place for years and years, and never knew that Drum Corps history was made at a little bar about 2 miles from where I grew up!

(I forget who told me that, or where I heard it, but.....)

That's a true story. The bar/restaurant was off of 283, turn left at the light, go about a mile and about a half mile on the left.

Okay, tried to edit it and it keeps taking me into Ben's reply!!! Weird. What I meant to say what about a half mile on the left.

I attended a number of the RCA meetings. If I remember correctly, Chuck Saia probably has a lot of corporate historical knowledge of RCA. . .as would Hershman.

It was actually a very good circuit, large membership, like Jim says, like the training ground for DCA hopefuls. Some great competition especially between Westshore and Erie. I remember some great Championship competition at the stadium in Erie. . .that bowl like stadium? I can't remember the stadium name but I liked the site.

I attended a number of the RCA meetings. If I remember correctly, Chuck Saia probably has a lot of corporate historical knowledge of RCA. . .as would Hershman.

:P :P :P :P Hilarious as I saw both of them last month for the first time in about 20 years. Geez, if I would have thought about this over the winter the timing would be perfect. Oh well, at least Chuck still lives a few miles from my folks.

contact them thru 5 star's site, they may reply w/info

That's a true story. The bar/restaurant was off of 283, turn left at the light, go about a mile and about a half mile on the left.

That's my old buddy Steve...knows where all of the "obscure" bars are! hahaha!!!

The actual building is still there (I think..I don't drive by that way QUITE as often) but I know it hasn't been the Red Carpet Lounge for quite a long time now...

I remember some great Championship competition at the stadium in Erie. . .that bowl like stadium?  I can't remember the stadium name but I liked the site.

I remember that stadium...It was either 79 or 80 when the announcer announced us wrong...what the heck was that?!?! OH the WEST SHORE LINERS!!! hahaha!!!

Edited by Jaminbenb