Got Brigs?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you guys "Move" this year. last year you were dominating musicaly to my humble opinion. The sound of your ensemble (Pit to Battery to Brass) was by far superior to your competition, but they all moved more than you did.

Ex: everybody had a percussion feature where the Battery was moving a bit like what DCI is doing lately, copied from WGI.

Don't get me wrong I am a fan, I love your drumline I think they are one of the lines in both circuits (DCA, DCI) that is taking the most risk with the notes, but the fact that they are not moving could take away from the difficulty for some viewers.

so what I am saying is Move, be more effective with your movement and you'll WIN.

Just my opinion.

Hope you guys "Move" this year. last year you were dominating musicaly to my humble opinion. The sound of your ensemble (Pit to Battery to Brass) was by far superior to your competition, but they all moved more than you did.

B)

That's one of the main problems the judges often have when evaluating performances. What should get the most credit? Playing the easy stuff & moving or playing the hard stuff and laying low. It's often a trade-off that some corps have problems with. A little bit of both is obviously the way to go. I do agree with you that in the last few years, the pace seems to be getting quicker. The judges certainly, in most cases, should have the experience to give the proper credit where it is due ... but it will never be an easy task.

B)

First Camp for percussion.... December 11 and 12... for more info: www.Brigadiers.com

Dave Keck

Dir. of Recruiting

Syracuse Brigadiers

Ex: everybody had a percussion feature where the Battery was moving a bit like what DCI is doing lately, copied from WGI.

Don't get me wrong I am a fan, I love your drumline I think they are one of the lines in both circuits (DCA, DCI) that is taking the most risk with the notes, but the fact that they are not moving could take away from the difficulty for some viewers.

so what I am saying is Move, be more effective with your movement and you'll WIN.

Just my opinion.

I hope to see you there!

First Camp for percussion.... December 11 and 12... for more info: www.Brigadiers.com

Dave Keck

Dir. of Recruiting

Syracuse Brigadiers

1. I marched sun, bush, cadets - Brigs drill has its big visual demand moments - very intellectually placed dont "sell" it short

2. consider the "CONTEXT" - seems to be a *BIG* word these daze - ie: speaking from a desing standpoint, what does the *music* itself dictate from a motion perspective?

3. notes notes notes - musically, I'd put Brigs 2004 program against any - 2005 will no doubt be any different !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. 2005 program - GREAT music - great staff - great performers!!!!

in short ------ look out for Bris 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO MELLOSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B,GH