Your story!

Cleo

Hi I just wanted to know a little bit about every body's guard experiences. Where did you march/instruct? Significant moments? etc. Here's mine:

I started in guard as a sophomore at a highly competitive band, Lakota West HS. (We didn't let freshman march.) I also marched in the Independant A winter guard "The Lakota." We won WGI my soph year so the next year we moved to Ind Open where we got 4th place.

Then my director quit, so my senior year colorguard pretty much sucked. We didn't have a winter guard, so I went to Onyx, who had just moved into Ind World. We got 14th at finals that year.

Halfway through the summer, my director emailed me telling me he was going to work with Marion Glory Cadets, and he needed some able bodies to work with, and if we came we could march for free. I had never heard much about drum corps and it sounded like an adventure, so in the last week of June, a bunch of us joined Glory Cadets on their tour. It was sooo emabarising, kcuz the first day we were there, we had a show. Whereas all the other corps had theirs finished, we performed about 30 secs, and then sat on the front sideline. ....  ::^?  But all ended well cuz we won Div III high colorguard.

This year I am (hopefully) marching Capital Regiment, and it should be GREAT!

Please tell me your stories! I'd like to know where the people I am foruming with are coming from!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so here's my story....

My dad marched with Madison Scouts for a about 12 years when he was younger.  He was bound and determined that I was going to be a drum corp child.   When i was about 3 months, i went to my first drum corp show.  I ended up being past around the crowd and came back with a shirt saying Madison Scouts on it.  I think it was then i was hooked.

So i went to just about every drum corp show i could until i turned 12.  I went to the Madison scouts open house that year and heard that they were combining the capitolaires and the junior scouts into one corp and they were going to name it Capital Sound.  I was exsictied but i wasn;t ready, just yet.  And the starting age was 14, so i had a few years to go.

When i turned 14, i wasn;t ready for it, so i waited until i turned 15. Then i auditioned for Capital Sound.  

I marched there for 2 years, when a friend advised me that i should join winterguard.  That following winter, i joined heritage winterguard.  I marched the 2001 season and then it folded in 2002.  When i came back to cap sound for the 2001 season, i found myself bored, so i was in search of something new.

This year i auditioned for Southwind colorguard and made it.  I am soo excited to march somewhere new again.  I can;t wait for the season to start.  

BTW, miss cleo.  I remember knowing a few girls from marion glory last year.  Did i ever meet you?????

Hey!!!!

Are you one of the girls we were talking to by a bathroom? I don't remember which show, I just remember it was by a bathromm......(So I'm strange....Ya gotta problem wit dat?  :p ) My real name is Erica Edelman. It was me and Brianna and Shanna, I think that you were talking to. Am I right??? am I wrong???

P.S. I think the bathrooms were dark brown, maybe...

WooHoo! Hi Heather

*starts singing...little munchkins join in and dance around while holding hands*

"Its a world of something,

A world of something else,

Its a world of another thing,

And a world of the final thing!

Theres so much that we share,

That its time, we're aware,

Its a small world after all!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D