Where did Michael Shapiro go?

• 5 years later...

Here's the word

The Blue Stars Drum & Bugle Corps is pleased to announce the appointment of Michael Shapiro and Kevin Ford, and the return of Brian Kraft and Ron Hardin to lead its visual and guard programs in 2008.

Michael Shapiro joins the Blue Stars as Color Guard Caption Head for 2008.

from www.bluestars.org

After he left Carolina Crown, Michael went to LA and began working with Diamond Bar High School (where he is currently still teaching). He did not teach drum corps again until this summer when he taught Boston Crusaders (their best color guard EVER IMHO).

Wonderful to hear that he is going to work with the Blue Stars!

He's also the director of Corona.

I really enjoyed their show this year; and I'm not normally a fan of that guard. I'm not quite sure I understood the vocals at the beginning of their show and how it related to everything else, but I really liked their show overall!

Their show was called "A Fist Wrapped in Blood" and the dialogue at the beginning of the show featured that phrase.

2007 Corona was probably Michael Shapiro's best guard since Crown Guard 2000 or 2002. I just wish Diamond Bar could attain the status that Carroll High School did when he was there.

Can't wait to see Corona in 2008 (or Blue Stars next summer!)

Their show was called "A Fist Wrapped in Blood" and the dialogue at the beginning of the show featured that phrase.

2007 Corona was probably Michael Shapiro's best guard since Crown Guard 2000 or 2002. I just wish Diamond Bar could attain the status that Carroll High School did when he was there.

Can't wait to see Corona in 2008 (or Blue Stars next summer!)

Some of those guards he taught at Carroll were FANTASTIC!!

I know! The Carroll High School color guard was unbelieveable while Michael was there; right from the start (they returned to WGI in 1997 in Scholastic A) they adapted to his style of writing so well. And I still think their 1999 show should have gotten the silver medal over Braddock. Such an ingenious design!