Saints

I just happened to come across a recording of the Saints from the 1975 DCI Semi-finals. I think they finished 19th that year. They just totally blew me away, wow, what a hornline. I see that they are listed in corpsreps.com for the years 72,75,76 and 77. Also Alan Chez is listed as a Soprano from 1969 to 1973.

Anyone have any further information about the Edison Saints? I would also be interested in preserving any recordings of any other years besides 1975. there has to be some interesting history associated with the Saints, like how long were they in existance and why did they break up? Did the other Jersey corps gobble up the membership? I know Chez ended up in Garfield. I am sure Bridgemen and Muchachos had an effect also.

Please tell us your stories.

Interestingly while they ended up 19th place and their hornline was 18th their highest caption was M & M. They were 10th right behind SCV.

Edited by DAvery

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I marche with the Bon Bons 74-77 and competed with the Saints every weekend. I remember a soprano his nickname was Mousey. Love the all girl Mello line. Larry Kershner also taught and arranged there. This latest DCW has a pic of the all girl mello line.

I marche with the Bon Bons 74-77 and competed with the Saints every weekend. I remember a soprano his nickname was Mousey. Love the all girl Mello line. Larry Kershner also taught and arranged there. This latest DCW has a pic of the all girl mello line.

Yep Mouse was his nickname Tom Noel was his real name.

He was a first soprano.

Rock

Interestingly while they ended up 19th place and their hornline was 18th their highest caption was M & M. They were 10th right behind SCV.

ALSO ties SCV in BRASS#1

1Madison 12.8

2-27th ---12.5

3-B.D. ---12.0

4-Saints-11.5

4-Vanguard 11.5

6-Oakland -11.4

7-Garfield 11.1

8-Phantom 11.0

and 10th in overall visual

I was marching as a member of the Silver Lancers (Dunellen, NJ) in 1972 and the Saints were one of our biggest competitors. It was the Monarchs (Wayne, NJ), the Saints, and the SIlver Lancers who were going neck to neck in the indoor circuit that year. Unfortunately, the Saints always seemed to be getting into fights with another corps. However, even at my tender age of 10, I remember the Saints being an awsome corps, especially the horn line. I think I may even have some old recordings on cassette of those contests. They were awesome!

Yes I do remember the indoor circuit and us competing with the Silver Lancers I also remember a few of the Silver Lancers joining our drum corps, One that joined was a girl name Darleen Stover, she use to date my brother Gary Chiocchi (Ragu) Snare Line.

Silver Lancers joining our drum corps as well.

Peter Crafts, Jimmy Piccolo, Marty Straka, a girl name Larine nicknamed Bozzo, and a few others.

Edited by Rocky Chiocchi

I always hoped that the Saints and Falcons would do some kind of merger back in the day.......We had many of the same instructors anyway.....

Your hornline and our drumline.........WOW could have been something to see and hear imo...

Rick

I remember the Falcons and Ridgemen merged to become the Falcon Ridgemen in 76 I think it was.

They were called the Crimson Buccaneers and I think it was 1977.

Edited by DCIHasBeen

I remember the Falcons and Ridgemen merged to become the Falcon Ridgemen in 76 I think it was.

The Saints broke up because most of the corps. was getting to the age of 21.

85% of the corps. had to quite because of there age.

I remember that my brother Gary and I went some years after went to the old annex in Fords one Friday night and Jeff Hennen a Sole Soprano of The Saints that I march with was instructing the Horn Line for a short time but it was a very new young Horn Line one like when I joined in 1968.

After that The Saints where no more. This was but not sure the late 70's

Rock

Edited by Rocky Chiocchi