Saints

Pebbles, what memories!

BTW, the Mayberry stuff was in Prospect OH ...

Your brother has done a GREAT job with the website -- Karen and I have been on the phone with each other all day talking about it ...

As I mentioned on my site posting, this year marks 40 years since the first membership registrations (May 1967) and rehearsal (July 1967), both in the OLP cafeteria.

JoAnne Parente

Yeah yeah Prospect OH....now It all comes back...=p

Nice to hear from you JaAnne....hope all is well

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was the fall of 1980.... the Saints held a reunion party on a Saturday night in Edison. A fellow Sunriser and Edison resident (Mike Clougher) and I attended. Neither of us had ever marched with the Saints, but like I've said, we had friends there.

It was a great party, to say the least. I remember at one point my buddy Ed Philpot.... uhhhhh....."forcing" me to drink beer directly from the pitcher.....LOL. I think we walked (crawled?) out of the place when the sun was coming up on that Sunday morning!

Fran

October 18, 1980 to be exact ... and I was among those cleaning up on Sunday morning <big grin>

Hope you're doing well, Fran!

JoAnne Parente

*A pamphlet from the September 12, 1973 opening of Newark Airports "New" International Airport facility. Corps that performed at this occasion...Polish Falcons, Townsmen and the Saints.

*A program from The 1973 Garden State Drum Corps Review, Friday, May 18, 1973, held at The Garden State Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ

Corps performing: The Saints, Sacred Heart Crusaders, Royales, Garfield Cadets, St. Andrew's Bridgemen, Polish Falcon Cadets, Valley Grenadiers, All-Girls Drum and Bugle Corps of Audubon (not sure why they are not listed as the Bon-Bons), and the Hawthorne Caballeros

Have many items from my years in the Saints (73-76), need to find out how to get them on the computer.

Keep the conversation going.

Hey There Judy!

For those that might not remember, we also marched at the dedication ceremony for the World Trade Center ...

JoAnne Parente

Reading through all the posts got me wondering about nicknames that many of us in the Saints had (and still use!).

How did you get yours, if you have (had) one?

In my case, it was Ralph Fair. I got "promoted" to the Big Guard (later known as Saints A, and then just Saints once Saints B became Sematics) at the same time that a girl named JoAnne joined. We really didn't look alike other than both having brown hair, yet Ralph always mixed the two of us up. She quit about a month later, but he still kept calling me JoAnne. My two youngest sisters didn't know that my real name was Marilyn until they started kindergarten.

jo

Oh boy,

My nick name you would not expect how I got it.

Tom Swan gave me my name (Rocky) Why do you ask?

Well on one Friday night at a winter practice at the Annex, I came with a new pair of glasses I had to ware to read the music, and I was wearing one of those hats with the flaps with the fur that covered my ears.

So another words I got the nick name (Rocky) because I looked like (Rocky) from that cartoon we all know and love, Bo-winkle and Rocky.

Funny :doh:

Rocky :doh:

Edited by Rocky Chiocchi

Hey There Judy!

For those that might not remember, we also marched at the dedication ceremony for the World Trade Center ...

JoAnne Parente

Hey JoAnne..... nice to see you here on DCP!

Fran

You as well, Fran -- it's been ages!

Hope you're well -- what's Lenny up to now that Dreyfus has closed?

jo

OK... while I catch JoAnne up on what's been going on, the rest of you talk amongst yourselves for a bit. :P

Lenny's still looking for a new job, last I checked.... he was thinking about doing some consulting work in his field. And he's also finishing work on his Master's degree.

He and his wife Jan don't get to see much drum corps stuff these days, because they own a kennel......aside from their own collection of Siberian Huskies, they provide a "doggie hotel" for people on vacation, etc. That means working weekends a lot during the summer.

JoAnne, not sure if you know this yet or not.....but you are now the answer to a trivia question: "Donna Petrucelli is the new DCA PR director.... but who was the first female to have that job in DCA?" That would be.....you!

Fran

JoAnne, not sure if you know this yet or not.....but you are now the answer to a trivia question: "Donna Petrucelli is the new DCA PR director.... but who was the first female to have that job in DCA?" That would be.....you!

Fran

Didn't know I've made it into Trivial Pursuit DCA edition <big grin> ... I wish Donna the best ... back in the day, the travel policy was that DCA would only reimburse half the cost of hotel rooms since they tried to get folks (translation: all the men) to share. More than once, I roomed with Walter Kelly ... you, Scott Yaniga, Rich McCarty, and others really made those two years great fun for me.

I first did PR for the Saints during my senior year of HS and continued in the position until I aged out in 1976. Just dug out some nice notes from Worth Ake that I'll scan in soon for the Saints website.

jo