some old corps photos

delooze005.jpg

Here's someone you may know who... :o

Photography by Jim DeLooze :blink:

Edited by Lancerlady

Hey, where did the picture go? I wanted to down load it to my collection.

Looks like 1967 state A.L. at Buffalo to me. That is the baritone quartet in "Lassus Trombone". I recognize the baritone player on the left end, Warren Lutz. I went to the same high school, Phelps, NY (he graduated a few years before me). I played with him in the Geneva Appleknockers then his family moved to the Batavia area and he joined Joe's. Warren always was gung-ho. Check out the leg lift would you!

THANKS !!

However, I must advise you that most of the stories told about me contain vast amounts of rumor and particularly don't believe anything the sheep have to say.

Drum Corps day were the best !!!

I'm just messin' with you my husband doesn't remember "everything"... :P Other then this "One particular stunt which I won't put on here". b**bs He just informed me I was told about stories of someone whose name was "Hymie", but I do know that one story...lol b**bs

Maybe I got "Hymie" confused with "Tiny" he says... b**bs :sshh:

George B. told me your dad drove the bus for the corps for years, I wonder did he in the last years? 84-86?

Edited by Lancerlady

....I can remember there were times on tour that I would have eaten spaghetti with Sauce/Gravy, Relish, Mayo, Meadow Muffins, anything....

God bless you brother. We toured in the era when you brought your own money for food. A 3 week tour to CA and back? You better learn money management. Some kids ate like kings the forst week on tour and starved the last two weeks. Of course SCV and BD had their rolling chuck wagons - that would reduce the amount of time kids would need for meals - and could serve mass quatities for less money. Oh the sacrifices we all endured. I love ya man - and I know the truth. b**bs

MARK SPROT - WHO TOOK THAT GALLON OF MILK ????

delooze005.jpg

Photography by Jim DeLooze  :blink:

I'm curious, knowing how anal judges were "back then", did they ever complain that there were "too many uniforms that detract from the overall effect?"

Rocketman - curious

ampssuck

God bless you brother. We toured in the era when you brought your own money for food. A 3 week tour to CA and back? You better learn money management. Some kids ate like kings the forst week on tour and starved the last two weeks. Of course SCV and BD had their rolling chuck wagons - that would reduce the amount of time kids would need for meals - and could serve mass quatities for less money. Oh the sacrifices we all endured. I love ya man - and I know the truth. b**bs

MARK SPROT - WHO TOOK THAT GALLON OF MILK ????

New Drum Corps being developed at Japanese’s trade show.

BTW, G. Hopkins, was seen at show. The trumpets were actual marching

and playing, as well as drummers. Advantage One man Controls

the ENTIRE corps. No DM, No food Required, NO PRACTICE,

and all members fit in, two Mini Van’s. The all robotics drum corps,

seen on FOX NEWS. Very Clean, but no soul, their working on it?

delooze005.jpg

Photography by Jim DeLooze  :blink:

Could that be Mark Sylvester???? :worthy:

I'm curious, knowing how anal judges were "back then", did they ever complain that there were "too many uniforms that detract from the overall effect?"

Rocketman - curious

ampssuck

While I do not remember hearing it from the judges, I do remember that the female host of the PBS broadcast in 78 along with her co-host Pete Emmons both made such comments. I did not feel that this was the place to make such notes.

I know all things are subjective, and I fell in love with 27 in 1977, so too many colors obviously had a good effect on me.

I was glad to hear from Scott Stannard at the 35th reunion, that the decision to go all khaki in 79 was something he and others pushed for to get a larger look for the corps, and not because they were bullied by Pete Emmons and the nameless host of the 1978 broadcast.

B)

p.s. there were even more uniforms on the feild in early 78, as the corps experimented with red jackets for the flags. It did not last long and they went back to khaki.

Edited by That70'sLancer