some old corps photos

Madison & SCV relax and have a great jam session in 1982.

MadSCV1982.jpg

Hey, Geno?

Were the SCV snares that much louder? I see there was no need for those dorky scoops...

:devil:

Garry hiding behind a wall in Vegas

LOL! It wasn't that SCV's snares were louder, it was that the Scout's hornline was louder!

:devil::wub::devil:

I just noticed that this thread is nearing one and a half million views. Wow!

Only fitting, seeing the amazing wealth of history posted here.

G, where you standing in this one?

I'm pretty much center of the pic there... snare drummer with really blond hair.

Hey, Geno?

Were the SCV snares that much louder? I see there was no need for those dorky scoops...

Garry you smart ### ! :biggrin: I do have to tell you, though that yes those snares were pretty loud. And as you can see they wore them with a tilt down in front type of angle. The tune was kind of low for that time as well, but with a real snare sound... not the "table top" sound. What a great drum line they were that year, and just the coolest dudes you ever met.

However, most people do know that Madison and SCV were sort of in the "mutual admiration" club back then... nothing but respect for SCV from most Madison members. From a competitive standpoint, if there was one corps we always wanted to come out to beat it was SCV, mostly because even if they weren't the first place winner some years, they were usually always the "best." Anyone know what I mean by that? If I have to explain that, you'll never understand... :tongue:

LOL! It wasn't that SCV's snares were louder, it was that the Scout's hornline was louder!

:worthy::worthy: THAT is why we needed the scoops!

:worthy::worthy::tongue:

Nothing to do with the thread I loved the picture of the dog,Lynn, on your signiture(spelling)

Kate.

How old is your puppy? :worthy: :worthy: :biggrin::tongue::worthy:

Edited by dci72

because even if they weren't the first place winner some years, they were usually always the "best." Anyone know what I mean by that? If I have to explain that, you'll never understand... :biggrin:

Absolutely, I have said the same thing for many decades. Of course Scouts weren't shabby either.

Regards,

John

Nothing to do with the thread I loved the picture of the dog,Lynn, on your signiture(spelling)

Kate.

How old is your puppy? :tongue::worthy: :worthy: :tongue::biggrin:

We think she about 2 1/2 or 3 years old. We got her from a Shar Pei rescue.

Madison & SCV relax and have a great jam session in 1982.

MadSCV1982.jpg

Geno, is that not Rome N.Y. second tour? SCV tried to get us to play matched grip on a couple of exercises. not knowing we would switch the next year.

Geno, is that not Rome N.Y. second tour? SCV tried to get us to play matched grip on a couple of exercises. not knowing we would switch the next year.

Was it Rome or DCI Canada in Hamilton, Ontario?

Coolest thing about that night, for me personally, was standing in that arc while you guys played Strawberry Soup. That horn line made the hair on the back of my neck stand up... literally gave me goose bumps. First time I'd ever experienced a horn line that loud playing behind me.