some old corps photos

Ha! Penalized for an incorrect guess... amazing. :huh:

Edited by JonW

Is that the Orange Bowl?

There you go!!! Too many auld comedians on here!

Yes, the Orange Bowl, from field level at the end of the 83 Colts show. Now, who is that young national champion baritone player?!

Edited by BigDale

There you go!!! Too many auld comedians on here!

Yes, the Orange Bowl, from field level at the end of the 83 Colts show. Now, who is that young national champion baritone player?!

Thanks for the great photo of 83 Colts at the Orange Bowl. We went to prelims and finals. I don't know who the national champion baritone player is but there have been some mighty fine baritone solos in recent years : ) Photos I took of DCI finals 1983 at Orange Bowl with an instamatic and no flash. I’ll see if I have more from 1983 and will scan later. Thanks again!

1983-3.jpg

1983-2.jpg

1983-1.jpg

You didn't get mugged outside the stadium, did you Linda? I know the Bridgemen souvenir stand was robbed, and Gail Royer was roughed up outside the Orange Bowl that year.

I flew from Ontario to Florida, arrived way earlier than friends flying from Alberta (who had my ticket), went straight from the airport to the stadium, walked around the neighborhood, found it odd that most house windows had metal bars, asked the stadium folks if they could let me in and wait for my friends. They did and I'm grateful for their kindness. After DCI finals 1983, we stayed in North Miami for a few days. One night, a fellow from NYC asked us to help and take 100 newly hatched turtles, crawling to the parking lot lights as if morning, to the Atlantic Ocean where the real sun was rising. Thanks for the chat. Gotta fly : )

edit for spelling lol ; if you don't add an r friend becomes fiend oh my! lol

Edited by lindap
  • Like 1

Just like you can't spell slaughter without laughter.