some old corps photos

Here we go :wink: Long story short. In the last century, I was involved with drum corps 1968 - 1979 (in Ontario and Alberta), watched DCI finals in Birmingham, Denver and Miami and started to reminisce about drum corps in 2006 with the help of a wonderful reunion and the internet. Throughout the past 10 years, there were many web sites started to celebrate our drum corps. I managed to keep a copy of a few photos before this web site became inactive. (Also trying to make sure my photobucket account is active (too many popups imo lol))

LaSalle Cadets 1968

1968-cadets-lasalle_zpsrp5uhvpx.jpg

• Like 1

LaSalle Cadets or Cadets La Salle drum line - year unknown. Another photo that caught my eye and saved January 2012. I admired this corps for their exceptional drum line, guard, hornline, soloists and drum major. This corps was way ahead of their time!

cadets-lasalle_zpstt8asmfr.jpg

Cadets LaSalle 1972 - I've recently had the honour of connecting with this corps, whom I admired, through Facebook. I studied French in school to try to speak with Cadets LaSalle in the 1970's and find out now many are bilingual. I miss our quirky, wonderful drums corps from Quebec, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.

1972-cadets-lasalle-02_zpssjhsdjoe.jpg

Toronto Optimists Alumni are awesome. They did Soundsport 2016 and keep a wonderful website to share with the world. It is a wonderful world! Thanks to Drum Corps.

http://www.optimists-alumni.org/photos/thumbnails.php?album=61&page=1

Cadets La Salle were great! Their soprano soloist, Jean LeBlanc was one of the best in the early 70s.

He did a fine job on their 72 opener, One Fine Morning!

A bit of trivia about One Fine Morning......it made it to the top 25 on the charts in 71 (by the Canadian rock group Lighthouse), and it was written by Lighthouse's drummer Skip Prokop, who was a drummer for the Toronto Optimists Drum & Bugle Corps.

Cadets La Salle were great! Their soprano soloist, Jean LeBlanc was one of the best in the early 70s.

He did a fine job on their 72 opener, One Fine Morning!

A bit of trivia about One Fine Morning......it made it to the top 25 on the charts in 71 (by the Canadian rock group Lighthouse), and it was written by Lighthouse's drummer Skip Prokop, who was a drummer for the Toronto Optimists Drum & Bugle Corps.

I remember 1972 in our neck of the woods. I continue to be amazed how interconnected drum corps people are. In the early 70's I'd ride my bicycle to Toronto Optimists rehearsal and take the subway to watch Del rehearse at De La Salle College. Whenever there was a contest at CNE stadium, we'd walk over to Ontario Place after the show and watch live music. It was always good when drum corps people got together during and after a contest. Good times. Last week, I was wandering on our Avenue and a man was wearing a Troopers Drum Corps tee shirt. I asked and he said his wife went to Wyoming or Denver last month and bought a tee shirt for him. A cool encounter. Very cool about Lighthouse. Thank you Brian. I have one of their record albums. We, as a nation, saw Tragically Hip's final concert via live feed a few days ago. Our world is getting smaller. Take care. I'm doing research on winter guard 1977 now and may be away for a while. Hugs.

edit: One Fine Morning

Edited by lindap

• 2 months later...

Thanks Linda! We look forward to your return!

I'm back for a short while 'cause I'm short. If I fall, I'm close to the ground. No worries. I scanned this in 2009, did auto correct and posted today. I like this 1970's photo. Hope you do too.

1975-us-open-06-a_zpsoim0eara.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

A scan posted on photobucket in 2010 of a 1974 program. I used to be organized but software upgrades and home computer issues confuse me. I used to say "Where did I put my glasses?" Now I say "Where did that file go and why was it moved and what happened to my home computer?"

74-dci-north01.jpg