some old corps photos

I remember sitting in the stands in 76 for both of those days. thursday, the All girl day,, cheering on my friends in St Johns and Ventures. If I recall, Flying Dutchmen didn't make the trip, (I had friends there too) and Peterborough Krescendos didn't make it either if I recall.

It was interesting to note that INT actually participated back then with a score of 43.85. This was of course before their name change. They were known as Break back then.. ;)

I remember sitting in the stands in 76 for both of those days. thursday, the All girl day,, cheering on my friends in St Johns and Ventures. If I recall, Flying Dutchmen didn't make the trip, (I had friends there too) and Peterborough Krescendos didn't make it either if I recall.

It was interesting to note that INT actually participated back then with a score of 43.85. This was of course before their name change. They were known as Break back then.. ;)

76 was a funky year me touring with 2 corps. Glad you were in the stands. Thanks.

INT did OK that day in Philly 43.85...oh my...seems that Break was slotted ;)

it appears I got writer's cramp that day many years ago, ouch :)

Philly was awesome those 2 years, an indescribable magical moment in time, imo

Mariners 1964

mariners-1.jpg

Corps overshot the 50 during the opener and was off-center for the rest of the show. Flags are halted sideways to mask potential squad errors.

DM is John Brazale, who became visual man for PR in the 70s. Soloist is (Dr.) Cecil Austin.

At front table, tabbing, is Anne Mixdorf from Badgerland Assn. Standing to her left is Bob Ludwig from the host Kingsmen, this contest is Memorial Day weekend at Lakefront Stadium in Kenosha WI.

Dale Johnson in the plaid shirt is recording the show. One bald head belongs to PA announcer John Emory. Out of the photo, Ed Skau is guarding the stadium gate.

And the bugle judge looks like Bob Spevacek.

Edited by HornsUp

1976-guide2-a.jpg

I remember when there were this many Jr Corps performing! :tongue:

Linda, feel free to add those 76 items...I miss that time and it's nice to reminisce. Thanks Linda!

I quit marching September 74 but was asked to help out summer of 75; quit marching Sept 75 but was asked to fill a flag spot summer of 76 and then aged-out; marched an additional 3 years with AAG as co-dm, baritone and on the cymbal line; no regrets.

Keith, I’m sorry things didn’t work out for you. Had I quit the first time, this scan wouldn’t be seen. There’re 8 more scans from 66 but I’ll step away from the keyboard for a while; got a bout of forum fatigue…ahchoo! Excuse me.

Here's one I found from a friends Facebook page. Very cool picture.

1968 Bridgeport PAL

PAL68.jpg