Magic switches to Ludwig?!?!?

WRiddell83

I thought this might have been an early April Fool's joke, but I assume it's legit.

http://www.magicoforlando.org/pressrelease/032205.htm

The Magic Partner with Ludwig/Musser

CLERMONT, FLORIDA—March 22, 2005—After years of research and development, Ludwig/Musser returns to DCI competition as The Magic Drum and Bugle Corps debuts redesigned Ludwig drums and Musser front ensemble in 2005. “Ludwig is a leader in the industry and in recent years has re-designed their marching product line,” stated Magic Director, James V. Newman. “We’re very excited that Ludwig/Musser chose The Magic to showcase their new instruments. We’re excited for our members, staff and Ludwig”

The Magic has been exploring new corporate partnerships since returning to competition in 2002. Ludwig/Musser will be providing a new line of battery percussion (10 snares, 5 tenors and 5 marching bass) in a custom color for The Magic’s 2005 program. Balancing the percussion section will be an all Musser front ensemble.

“Ludwig has the musical sound that we are looking for,” Newman continued, “Throaty tenor quads, bass drums that cut and carry well, and Free Floater snares that are air-light and sound great. The Magic Drum & Bugle Corps look forward to a long working relationship with Ludwig/Musser!”

EDIT: I suppose this makes sense. All of their instruments are under the same roof, so to speak. King hornline, Ludwig battery, Musser pit. Hopefully it will lead to some quality equipment from Ludwig again.

Edited by WRiddell83

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this might have been an early April Fool's joke, but I assume it's legit.

http://www.magicoforlando.org/pressrelease/032205.htm

EDIT: I suppose this makes sense. All of their instruments are under the same roof, so to speak. King hornline, Ludwig battery, Musser pit. Hopefully it will lead to some quality equipment from Ludwig again.

Wow...I'm pretty much "in the loop" as far as drum design and what new inovations and changes different drum companies are involved in, but could someone please tell me what part of ANY Ludwig drum has been redesigned in the last 10 years !

I myself am a Ludwig fan and I have the utmost respect for the company...but their research and developement office has been CLOSED for some time !

(sarcasm intended).

Good luck with your new line of marching percussion...and all the best for a successful 2005 !

From http://www.drumhard.com

To answer a few questions:

Magic has agreed to a relationship with Ludwig/Musser for the upcoming season and beyond. With this deal it brings all of the corps instrumentation under one roof, horns being King, pit being Musser, and battery being Ludwig. We will be using all prototype drums coming clean off the assembly line in April. These drums are 4 generations ahead of whats currently on the market. It is the hope of Ludwig and The Magic that together they can work on developing a line of instruments that will bring back Ludwig to the field as the instrument of choice.

Our 39 member percussion section is looking forward to getting their hands on the new stuff and I will gladly answer any other future questions after many a beat has been thrown and the drums are road tested.....

Chris Romanowski

Magic Percussion Caption Head

well lets wait and see what redesigned drums they come out with

I'm a fan of Musser and especially King... so if Ludwig can revamp their drums in some way, this might be a really nice combo and releationship to have with them

Didn't Troopers use Ludwig's for their drumline back in '94-'95?

I remember them warming up as Glassmen headed to their warm-up site and the sound actually made me think that our Remo Legatos sounded good. :ph34r:

From http://www.drumhard.com

To answer a few questions:

Magic has agreed to a relationship with Ludwig/Musser for the upcoming season and beyond. With this deal it brings all of the corps instrumentation under one roof, horns being King, pit being Musser, and battery being Ludwig. We will be using all prototype drums coming clean off the assembly line in April. These drums are 4 generations ahead of whats currently on the market. It is the hope of Ludwig and The Magic that together they can work on developing a line of instruments that will bring back Ludwig to the field as the instrument of choice.

Our 39 member percussion section is looking forward to getting their hands on the new stuff and I will gladly answer any other future questions after many a beat has been thrown and the drums are road tested.....

Chris Romanowski

Magic Percussion Caption Head

So Chris...

You've seen these new instruments ?

It looks like he was just quoted Chris from the other site.

You're probably right...thanks !