Your favorite uniform

I think this thread has been done a few times, but it can probably never be overdone. My answer is always Belleville Black Knights:

BK75.gif

If the photo doesn't show up (it has this way of disappearing on me after I've posted it), try this link: Former Scout's Drum Corps Memories

yep....this is the 3rd time for this picture.....BUT I don't mind....I LOVE the uniform! :blink:

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine will always be...

suncoast.gif

Suncoast Sound

I'm computer stupid, so I don't know how to do the posting of pics thing. HOWEVER, some of my favorites are...

1. SUNCOAST SOUND!! By far--clean looking, awesome, nice colors...just a great uniform

2. 27th LANCERS/VALLEY FEVER!! You couldn't tell the two apart! Hee heee...but I've always like tan on the field.

3. PR--in 2000?? The tan and white!? COOOOOOOOOOL!!!

4. VK 1991--yeah, the show wasn't Top 12, but THAT uniform seemed to be generic HIP. I wish they would have kept it. I thought 92's look was a step backwards when they could have done 1991's uniform again.

5. SCV--any year. Well...almost any year. I personally didn't like the 1991 look. And it took awhile for me to get used to the black caps in 1992.

6. Bluecoats 1995--that was during my "I think corps sucks" period, so I wasn't really following the activity. That is a neat uniform. COOL HAT!

7. Freelancers--every year of their dark red/black pant or white pant look. 1985--I'll pretend that didn't happen. VERY classy look. You were imitated by the way by the RCC Marching Tigers with their uniforms in the 90's, except they were orange and black.

8. Kingsmen--yeah...KINGSMEN! I as a VK'er can appreciate my rivals.

9. Star 91 AND Star 89! Both VERY cool uniforms. I really liked them a lot. Both very classy.

10. Boston...I just think it's classy...and rich looking.

1. The CLASSIC Blue Devil Uniform (with tux shirt) will always be dear to my heart.

2. The PREVIOUS Blue Devil Uniform (I especially liked replacing the white plumes with black- I got chills the first time I saw that uniform in 94 and cried a river because I was not wearing it). I got to wear it in 95 though thankfully. Kind of cool too. I got to where BOTH of these that I just mentioned.

3. Freelancers Red and BLACK. (Sorry, I did not like it when we went to white. Not at all. What we should have done is stuck to what we experimented with at ONE SHOW that year and went all black with the red jacket instead).

4. Vanguard- ANY YEAR ANY COLOR EVEN THE WHITE AND GREEN! They always have good uniforms.

5. Blue Knights- their current one.

Huh?.....Oh do I like the NEW BD uniform from this year? Yeah, it's ok. I don't hate it. My only problem with it is that their is no "V CUT" in the center which every Blue Devil uniform has always had as a signature trademark so I suppose I just don't see it looking much different from a lot of others. Perhaps it will grow on me. At least the color patterns are the same. Blue, Black, Silver and NO WHITE! Ahhhhhhhhhh..... the way it should be.

Edited by torn8o

• 2 weeks later...

AAAGGGHHHH! " Youth is wasted on the young!"

Back in the day...

1. Kilties

2. 27th Lancers

3. Troopers

4. Mariners

5. Cavies

6. Boston Crusaders

7. Racine Scouts

8. Madison Scouts 70

9. Jolly Jesters

10. HAWTHORNE!!!

Not one of those corps looked like each other! Each one had they own style. Ya gotta love real diversity.

nuff said!

AAAGGGHHHH! " Youth is wasted on the young!"

Back in the day...

1. Kilties

2. 27th Lancers

3. Troopers

4. Mariners

5. Cavies

6. Boston Crusaders

7. Racine Scouts

8. Madison Scouts 70

9. Jolly Jesters

10. HAWTHORNE!!!

Not one of those corps looked like each other!  Each one had they own style.  Ya gotta love real diversity.

nuff said!

Howdy brother Kemo,

My list would contain most of the same corps. I would replace the Jolly Jesters with the Hammes Indians, and I would replace the Cavies with the Mandarins.

But my absolute favorite uniform (and name for a group) is the 1917 Racine Beaver Queens. Check them out at this link:

http://racinekiltiealumni.org/Racine_Beave...Drill_Team.html

Are those great hats or what?!?!

I see in your sig that you are an 05 Lakeshoreman member. COOL!

I hear you guys are going to be in DeKalb this year. Hope to see you there!

I think this could be an interesting topic.

Please post pictures of some of your favorite uniforms ever.

Santa Clara Vanguard 1991

91scvsnare1.jpg

Santa Clara Vanguard 2002-2004

CRW_6003.jpg

Pascal,

I've gotta agree with you, although I would have liked to have seen these uniforms in person. :(

I like both SCV uni's that you posted, and the 2002-2004 version is my personal favorite!

Both are really great-looking uniforms!

Honorable mention: Bridgemen, Kilties, Phantom, (last 20 yrs.), Black Knights, & Blue Devils, (70's ruffle shirts).