The Birth of a New Drum & Bugle Corps

CAVALCADE

Drum & Bugle Corps

This Drum & Bugle Corps is being considered so that all students can have a year

round activity under The Cavalcade of Bands umbrella. The membership will be made up students who attend schools that are Cavalcade members ONLY. There will be a quality staff of designers, arraigners and instructors in place in the very near future. Some staff positions are already filled. Look for an announcement as soon as the full staff is in place.

All students of member schools and organizations of The Cavalcade of Bands, Cavalcade Jazz and Cavalcade Indoor Associations are eligible to apply for membership.

Cavalcade will accept applications from in-coming freshman through out-going seniors. College age applicants will be accepted as long as their College is a member in good standing with The Cavalcade of Bands. Please fill out the application of interest at www.cavalcadeofbands.org, if you would like to receive up to the minute news on the progress of this drum corps. You must be a student member of Cavalcade of Bands to receive these updates. I will keep the drum corps community updated as to what's going on by using this forum.

Cavalcade will hopefully start competing as a Drum & Bugle Corps in 2006. An application will be submitted to DCA for the 2006 season. This will be a weekend drum corps. First camp will be held over Thanksgiving weekend 2005. Site TBA.

More information to follow.

Edited by dukecornwell

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavalcade will accept applications from in-coming freshman through out-going seniors. College age applicants will be accepted as long as their College is a member in good standing with The Cavalcade of Bands.

I thought that pretty much answered that. - I love how well people read these days...

:worthy:

Best of luck Duke...

Donny

I love that another corps is starting, but if you have a kid that is good enough to march with you from BOA or TOB you are not going to let them march?

I love that another corps is starting, but if you have a kid that is good enough to march with you from BOA or TOB you are not going to let them march?

Thank you for your support. Initially this corps is being orgainized under The Cavalcade of Bands orgaization. We have, these numbers are close but not accurate, 100 Marchings Bands, 50 indoor units and 80 Jazz Bands. Some of the jazz bands are from High School Marching Bands that compete in different circuits, not Cavalcade of Bands.

All we ask is that you attend a school that is a member of Cavalcade. Any of our orgainizations.

So to answer your question, Cavalcade Drum Corps will have members that compete in different marching band circuits.

Edited by dukecornwell

Cavalcade will hopefully start competing as a Drum & Bugle Corps in 2006. An application will be submitted to DCA for the 2006 season. This will be a weekend drum corps. First camp will be held over Thanksgiving weekend 2005. Site TBA.

More information to follow.

Duke, I believe in this idea. Your vision and insight as to bringing another drum corps to the activity is excellent. The idea to create it from an organization that already promotes Music Education and the Visual Arts. Cavalcade Drum and Bugle Corps......sounds great to me !!!

Keep up the good work Duke !

Duke, I believe in this idea.  Your vision and insight as to bringing another drum corps to the activity is excellent.  The idea to create it from an organization that already promotes Music Education and the Visual Arts.  Cavalcade Drum and Bugle Corps......sounds great to me !!!

Keep up the good work Duke !

Thanks Eddie for your kind words. I'm just trying to keep this GREAT ACTIVITY alive and growing. I have received many inquiries so far and things look like were on the right track.

Good luck to you and The Hurc's this Saturday.