The Birth of a New Drum & Bugle Corps

I think this is a good thing. More corps can only be good for the activity as a whole. Just think... if there were enough corps out there anymore, people could actually march close to home instead of driving or flying all over creation and paying hundreds or even thousands of dollars just to march. I'm all for it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that there is alot going on right now in DCA. It's early in the season, but The Cabs!!! Come on folks. The Cabs have been there every year. So, they have a numbers problems. Who hasn't? I've competed against them for many years in the past. They have never let me down. The Cabs will be back. What about the Bucs. I didn't see them, but WOW! I can't wait to see them this year. Back to the thread.

Cavalcade. A new corps to keep this activity going and growing.

See you all on the Island next week. Long Island, that is......

Edited by dukecornwell

I'll be there.

I'm wondering if this is limited to High School kids only?

As long as you have volunteered to be the Rhodes Scholar of this thread..how about a hint as to WHERE said corps is located. It was actually a confusing read to be honest.

As long as you have  volunteered to be the Rhodes Scholar of this thread..how about a hint as to WHERE said corps is located. It was actually a confusing read to be honest.

Sorry you have found this thread to be a little confusing. After I wrote it, I was a little confused my self.

Anyway, Cavalcade Bands are located in the States of Pa, De, NJ and Md. The corps home base will probabbly be in Pa. as to that is where the majority of bands are located. We are however growing in NJ at a good pace.

As soon as we have a home base I will post it. We are working on that now along with many other important things we have to do.

Thanks for your interst in Cavalcade.

Edited by dukecornwell

Sorry you have found this thread to be a little confusing. After I wrote it, I was a little confused my self.

Anyway, Cavalcade Bands are located in the States of Pa, De, NJ and Md. The corps home base will probabbly be in Pa. as to that is where the majority of bands are located. We are however growing in NJ at a good pace.

As soon as we have a home base I will post it. We are working on that now along with many other important things we have to do.

Thanks for your interst in Cavalcade.

........OK......gotta put in my 2 cents......folks, please understand that Cavalcade is a current work in progress and in planning stage right now. We have many issues already resolved and many more to be discussed, addressed and discovered. I would expect that relevant info will be posted to the Cavalcade of Bands website when resolved. A bunch of questions will be answered in the next week or two and posted. Duke's announcement of purpose explains who and what Cavalcade is envisioned as........at this point. Most staff has been set and we have begun the process of formulating a show, establishing credentials, getting sponsors, securing facilities and equipment, etc., etc., etc.

The emails of support for this effort is wonderful to see........it's all about the kids right? It should be and will always be about the kids.

So please keep checking the Cavalcade of Bands website and inform any members of Cavalcade member organizations that we are here and, if interested to fill out and submit their interest form.

I'm excited to be working with my old, old, old friend Duke Cornwell and Cavalcade and hope to have one of the finest junior corps organizations in the activity.

Jim 'Guido' Cossetti

........OK......gotta put in my 2 cents......folks, please understand that Cavalcade is a current work in progress and in planning stage right now. We have many issues already resolved and many more to be discussed, addressed and discovered. I would expect that relevant info will be posted to the Cavalcade of Bands website when resolved. A bunch of questions will be answered in the next week or two and posted. Duke's announcement of purpose explains who and what Cavalcade is envisioned as........at this point. Most staff has been set and we have begun the process of formulating a show, establishing credentials, getting sponsors, securing facilities and equipment, etc., etc., etc.

The emails of support for this effort is wonderful to see........it's all about the kids right? It should be and will always be about the kids.

So please keep checking the Cavalcade of Bands website and inform any members of Cavalcade member organizations that we are here and, if interested to fill out and submit their interest form.

I'm excited to be working with my old, old, old friend Duke Cornwell and Cavalcade and hope to have one of the finest junior corps organizations in the activity.

Jim 'Guido' Cossetti

Thanks Jim. I am an old, old friend, but I'm not that old yet. LOL. It great to have you on board with Cavalcade. I have to wait until I make it official. The staff should be in place within the next two weeks.

Mr. Cornwell I think it's wonderful what you are trying to do. Maybe, if this works out, more corps will form like the old days. I am confused a little. Are you competing in DCA and not DCI? Does DCA now have a junior division? Best of luck to you no matter where you compete.

Mr. Cornwell I think it's wonderful what you are trying to do. Maybe, if this works out, more corps will form like the old days. I am confused a little. Are you competing in DCA and not DCI? Does DCA now have a junior division? Best of luck to you no matter where you compete.

Good question!! As far as I know, there is not a junior division in DCA. It's a matter of thinking about the Cavalcade of Bands Director's. This corps will support the band Director's. Students will be more prepared to challenge the Marching Band season, then ever before. The Cavalcade of Bands is a GREAT high school marching band circuit now, and will continue to thrive. I can not take their students away to go on tour. Most of our bands have a strong summer schedule and the students need to be home during the week. Also, we should have more shows to compete in DCA. I hope everyone supports this orgainization, because we need to support this GREAT ACTIVITY, WE CALL DRUM & BUGLE CORPS. Any questions, see me in Long Island this weekend. GREAT luck to all that are competing!

Edited by dukecornwell

Here is the Vision Statement and the Objectives for Cavalcade Drum & Bugle Corps:

Cavalcade Drum & Bugle Corps Vision Statement:

To give scholastic students of the Cavalcade of Bands the opportunity to perform in a year-round activity to help increase the skills and objectivity to become an experienced performer. This in turn allows these students the probability to return to their bands as more seasoned professionals.

Objectives:

Afford the students the possibility to perform in front of a diverse audience and adjudicators. Give the students the opportunity to learn and grow from the achievements of character building skills. Our goal is to help set them up with life-building experiences.