The Birth of a New Drum & Bugle Corps

I love seeing a new corps forming, especially if it's around the Harrsiburg, Lancaster, Lebanon area.  My question is why just limit it to Cavalcade Students only when competing in DCA.  There is only one local corps in Reading, you might get a bigger turnout and invite staffs to march also.  What better training tool.  Students and Teaching marching together.  I am bringing my indoor perc unit into the Cavalcade circuit and I would love the chance to march with a local corps.  I was hoping to march this year but most corps are out of the area by a good distance.

Thanks Greg. What a great idea. Why not open the membership to instructor’s who teach with-in the Cavalcade of Bands member organizations, as well as their students. Good stuff here!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Greg. What a great idea. Why not open the membership to instructor’s who teach with-in the Cavalcade of Bands member organizations, as well as their students. Good stuff here!!!!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to see how this turns out. I hope there is a good interest from the students and staffs of Cavalcade because another local corps is needed and I feel the demand for one is there.

I wish you good luck

I'm looking forward to see how this turns out.  I hope there is a good interest from the students and staffs of Cavalcade because another local corps is needed and I feel the demand for one is there.

I wish you good luck

Greg, thanks for your best wishes. Obviously, I agree with you 100%. The Cavalcade of Bands is behind this project 100%. I am using this forum to get the word out. I was hoping to make the announcement before school ended, but I missed the boat on that one. I need the band staffs and Director’s of the Cavalcade of Bands to get the word to their students when their summer programs start. Any help you can give us will be greatly appreciated.

Greg, thanks for your best wishes. Obviously, I agree with you 100%. The Cavalcade of Bands is behind this project 100%. I am using this forum to get the word out. I was hoping to make the announcement before school ended, but I missed the boat on that one. I need the band staffs and Director’s of the Cavalcade of Bands to get the word to their students when their summer programs start. Any help you can give us will be greatly appreciated.

Just let me know what you need and I'll see if I can help. I will pass this info to my Director at Conrad Weiser, he will be happy to hear this. They have been hosting DCI corps for the past couple years and the kids come to observe a practice.

Well off to Long Island. I'll be staying at the Marriott, Melville. Get there about 10pm, in lounge 10:05. If anyone is at the same place, stop in the lounge for some drum corps talk.

Good luck to Bush, Hurcs, Sky, Sun and welcome back Crusaders.

Please continue to post your thoughts, concerns and advise on the Cavalcade Drum & Bugle Corps. All is very appriciated. Who knows, maybe Cavalcade will be competing next year at this show!!!!

Back from Long Island. Had many conversations about Cavalcade, and received very positive responses about this new corps. I watched Bush looking and sounded real good, saw the re-birth of the Crusaders like they never took a year off, watched Sun who is much improved with good numbers, Sky with their 60th anniversery show, good stuff here, and Hurcs with a very young corps with a great future.

The Cavalcade brass staff is starting to form. The show coordinator is in place. The visual design team is in place. We are still working on Guard and Percussion. Look for a full staff announcement within the next couple of weeks.

Well, I think there is too much going on now to keep this thread alive. We are in competition season and it will be wise for me to let this thread go away for a while. However, that being said, if this thread does pop up again it will be for new and meaningful information that is relevant to the Cavalcade Drum Corps. Also, if you haven’t yet posted on this thread, and you have something to say, please feel free to do so. Don’t let me stop you.

Duke:

This is really great to hear. And believe me, I KNOW what you are going through trying to get this started. I am part of an organization attempting to field a corps from Long Island in the foreseeable future in DCI. Lots of logistics. Lots of insanity. But ALL for the better.

Believe me, if the organization is there and set up, the kids WILL come. So will the instructors, techs and staffs of the schools (for an all-age this is even MORE important since if THE STAFF marches, the STUDENTS are more likely to march!).

Again, congrats. I am glad to see we on Long Island are not the only ones thinking of the future of drum corps in the US! :D

Best of luck. And if I can be of service by sharing some of my personal experience on this road, PLEASE feel free to contact me at any point! :D