2005 Live Season Discussion

Kosmos and Mystre have their 3rd and final showdown tonight in Nashville; Mystre won round 1 in Bloomington, but Kosmos bounced back nicely in DeKalb to score a "narrow" 0.1 victory. Our "Optical Illusions" show has been a strong success thusfar both musically and visually, and you can count on Kosmos once again being in the hunt for their second DCPI championship.

Kadence has had a very trying season. While the program "Inteligencia 814" has fully come together, it took a long and difficult journey to get there. We're making plans to have a show next season that will be a bit easier to learn at the onset and that we can have room to grow with rather than designing a program that will take most of the season to get working. We're also looking at new uniforms for the corps.

St. Pete Sound has been on an absolute rampage, going undefeated since the Biloxi show and becoming the first div. 2 corps of the season to break 90. They had their last show of the regular season last night in Cincinnati and are enjoying a free day in Philadelphia before heading up to Boston to get ready for nationals. The show has been an absolute hit this season, as witnessed by the scores of fans that flocked to our souvie booth after the show, clamoring for merchandise and expressing interest in joining the corps, and we've already got our plans for next season firmly in place (and yes, the steel drums are coming back :))

After starting the season strongly, Overdrive's fallen into a slight rut but is still hanging in contention in div 2. One of the hazards of using country and 80's rock in your show, I guess :P We're in the first of 2 rehearsal days now, and we're taking the approach of looking at the Providence show as round 1 of finals week, rather than just a regular show. We hope that that serious approach will help us get into the mindset that helped us win div 2 last season.

LWC took a gamble late in the season in selecting their last captions, especially in regards to the music captions. While it payed off initially, we're getting to the point where our choices may come back to haunt us. We hope to be able to make the adjustments we need in time for Boston.

Star of Hawaii's been hanging in there in div. 3 competition, although at this point we're a long shot for the title at best. However, our members have kept up a good attitude during the last couple weeks because we know that we have a good entertaining show that the audience likes. We've found that doing a full-season tour has been extremely draining from a financial standpoint, and pending the announcement of next season's location for Finals, we plan on taking the winter season off; however, we still plan on operating the Luau Brass show.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are still waiting on the recaps from the Warrenton VA show. If they do not post the scores by like 7 this evening, I will just use generated scores for that show. Then I will post scores for today.

I must say Matt that LWC looks like they are going to peak out. Enigma has turned it on lately.

Watch out for Menagerie in Div II, we are changing some of the drum book. Right now it is a little dirty, if it clicks, watch out!

Now for the rubber match. We where quite unhappy with the Brass judge in DeKalb, we'll see how it goes tonight in my hometown of Nashville.

I must say Matt that LWC looks like they are going to peak out. Enigma has turned it on lately.

Yeah, you're probably right. :( Too bad, the crowd's been really loving the whole "Breakfast Machine" part of the show.

Hopefully we'll be allowed to adjust captions in between rounds like the D1's can do.

Scores for yesterday and today have been posted.

Nashville, TN

1 Mystré........................ 19.45 18.78 18.82 18.70 15.30 15.08 18.99 19.51 19.05 93.360

1 Kosmos........................ 19.45 18.78 18.50 18.70 15.30 15.08 19.51 17.60 18.79 92.375

OUCH!

I think I know what OUR guard will be doing the next few days...

twak.gif

Sorry about the delay in scores. I couldnt get on this morning, because of errors on DCP, then had interent problems myself. Scores will be posted shortly.