Oregon Crusaders enter the field for competition

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GO OREGON CRUSADERS!!!

AND MOST OF ALL... GO NORTHWEST

My pride and heart goes to all corps in the Northwest (even though I am from California), my time spent during the summers visiting family in the Seattle area, and then finally marching in the Cascades--Just really made me appreciate all the friends, family, and talent up there! I have high hopes of moving there someday!

You guys will rock! I loved the performance last year when we saw you throughout the season! It's time we start making more noise up in the Northwest!

Was anyone at this show and can give us a review about the OC, BDB and Vanguard Cadets. The scores were as follows....

1 Blue Devils B 75.750

2 Vanguard Cadets 68.250

3 Oregon Crusaders 58.450

I know, its not good to jump to conclusions after only 1 show....but a 10 point margin is huge.

First off, it was OC's first show - compared to both BD-B & Vanguard Cadets having been out there for a few weeks.

Secondly, first show jitters get EVERYONE...so, I'd expect a boost at their next show.

And, lastly, knowing how well the staff cleaned last years show leads me to believe that OC will have no problems challenging for a top spot this year.

Good luck, Crusaders...

Agreed. first show jitters are good for about 4-5 points.

Now about those other 12......

First off, it was OC's first show - compared to both BD-B & Vanguard Cadets having been out there for a few weeks.

Secondly, first show jitters get EVERYONE...so, I'd expect a boost at their next show.

And, lastly, knowing how well the staff cleaned last years show leads me to believe that OC will have no problems challenging for a top spot this year.

Good luck, Crusaders...

I was at the show and thought they should have scored higher. No recaps up to see how they compared to SCVC or BDB. Of course it was the first show but they really played with confidence. They really let loose with the hornline and had some very good dynamic moments. As far as raw energy they were up there with all the other groups that night. The operative word is potential. They have the equipment, now they just have to tweek and tune. Not sure how they will place in but they are fun to watch and a joy to listen to. Nice arranging and not too difficult. I think another new (fairly) and long tradition of drum corps in the northwest is started.

William

did you see tonight's score: 68+?

HMMM...I think they really were nervous out of the shoot...but WOW what a difference a day (or show) makes!!!

Great job Crusaders!!!

68.550 tonight. Brass apparently scored 16!!!! And they're only HALF over the "jitters".

Edited by Strutters '72