Colts' Postcards

If you think the stuff this year is bad, I have 7 words for you:

"A Futuristic Game of Capture The Flag"

<**> Friends of mine used to refer to that show as "The Scaffolding Show, featuring the Center Grove HS Marching Band."

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The postcards obviously didn't make it to K-zoo this weekend either. After seeing the show this weekend, i don't see the need for them. This show is a breath of fresh air, solid musical and visual design, solid execution. The Americana theme works well for them. The ballad is really beautiful, but maybe a postcard there would be a nice touch.

I for one am routing for the Colts to make 2005 their comeback year in the top 12. Great job this weekend Colts! Keep working hard, it's right there in front of you. ^OO^

I saw the colts last night, and the post cards are in...They are huge! They are very effective if you are at the right angle. Read some of my comments on the Siloam Springs, AR Thread. It doesn't look like they've adjusted the drill for the huge things yet. They were kind of nudged in to where it wouldn't have to be marched around. I think they are a great idea, and are a great addition to the show. I listened to the APD first before reading about the show, and could not figure out how the repretoire was tied together. I think the cards make it easier for someone seeing the show for the first time, not knowing what the show concept is.

Anyone have any pics of them??? :)

I've just returned from ten days on tour volunteering with the Colts. The Post Cards are obvously in. However, only the side of the post card with the picture. Look in the next few days for them to show the side of the card with the correspondance. The show will then be tied together with the story line. Also, kudos go the the Colts staff for the countless hours of work put in over the last couple of weeks in the manufacturing of the props.

:worthy:

I've just returned from ten days on tour volunteering with the Colts. The Post Cards are obvously in. However, only the side of the post card with the picture. Look in the next few days for them to show the side of the card with the correspondance. The show will then be tied together with the story line. Also, kudos go the the Colts staff for the countless hours of work put in over the last couple of weeks in the manufacturing of the props.

:huh: Thank you for getting those monsters up and going ! Can't wait to see them! b**bs

To answer some of the questions about the props....

The props are currently 26 feet by 15 feet. The back is about four feet tall to put the postcards at an angle. Only the front, picture part, of the card is in right now...we're still working on logistics for getting the back of the card in.

Yes the postcards move around the field. Each song's postcard moves into the focus at the beginning of the song, the corps marches around it, and then it exits at the beginning of the next piece. The drill was written with the cards in mind - the large negative space that used to be found in the drill (with the corps marching around or gesturing towards it) - most noticeable in the Red Pony - is now being utilized.

The frames move easily with 1 person...you need 2 to 4 for steering purposes depending on the surface (thick grass vs. turf). At no time was it ever intended for two members to move the prop during the show - always four.

As far as how effective they are...I have no idea - since I had to help move them onto and off the field at all three shows they've been in, I've been on ground level and haven't really seen them.

To answer some of the questions about the props....

The props are currently 26 feet by 15 feet.  The back is about four feet tall to put the postcards at an angle.  Only the front, picture part, of the card is in right now...we're still working on logistics for getting the back of the card in.

Glad to see they are all in now - and i hope you or TW got the drivers in the mail. Matt