Colts' Postcards

Postcard update:

They're out of the show once again, this time due to being too huge to fit through the tunnel in Foxboro. For the next few days they're gonna knocking them down and rebuilding them to make them fit within the size limitations for Gillette.

ETA: Indy, hopefully.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Postcard update:

They're out of the show once again, this time due to being too huge to fit through the tunnel in Foxboro.  For the next few days they're gonna knocking them down and rebuilding them to make them fit within the size limitations for Gillette.

:blink: Can you tell me if they were in the show Tuesday night? They broke 80....in SA and in AL. I just wondered if the cards were helping or hurting. b**bs

This cracks me up. You'd think they would have 1) learned the gate dimensions of their major shows and then designed the props for the smallest opening, and 2) built a prototype of the prop in the winter to get the kinks worked out of the system. I can't imagine the amount of time and money they have spent on this. It's a great idea and it does add to the show and it can work. I wish them the best of luck.

Postcard update:

They're out of the show once again, this time due to being too huge to fit through the tunnel in Foxboro.  For the next few days they're gonna knocking them down and rebuilding them to make them fit within the size limitations for Gillette.

This cracks me up. You'd think they would have 1) learned the gate dimensions of their major shows and then designed the props for the smallest opening, and 2) built a prototype of the prop in the winter to get the kinks worked out of the system. I can't imagine the amount of time and money they have spent on this. It's a great idea and it does add to the show and it can work. I wish them the best of luck.

You would've thought...but it didn't happen for whatever reason. Several prototypes were constructed but as far as I know they were vetoed before staff saw them cause they weighed too much, so we didn't see them til they appeared end of June. Apparently we had some mis-information on the finals gate size as the staff was assured the props would fit through after we made necessary modifications which basically made it too time consuming to disassemble outside a gate and reassemble inside it. We would have been ok as long as we didn't have any low, narrow gates. Surprise was had by all when I was talking to a Cascades vis staff guy in San Antonio who told me that the finals gate itself was just such a low, narrow gate. :worthy: Thus the reconstruction apparently happening. :(

As far as the previous post asking if the postcards are helping or hurting scores, I doubt they have much affect at all, but not having heard the Vis Effect or Ensemble tapes I don't know for sure.

You would've thought...but it didn't happen for whatever reason.  Several prototypes were constructed but as far as I know they were vetoed before staff saw them cause they weighed too much, so we didn't see them til they appeared end of June.  Apparently we had some mis-information on the finals gate size as the staff was assured the props would fit through after we made necessary modifications which basically made it too time consuming to disassemble outside a gate and reassemble inside it.  We would have been ok as long as we didn't have any low, narrow gates.  Surprise was had by all when I was talking to a Cascades vis staff guy in San Antonio who told me that the finals gate itself was just such a low, narrow gate.  :worthy:  Thus the reconstruction apparently happening.  :(

As far as the previous post asking if the postcards are helping or hurting scores, I doubt they have much affect at all, but not having heard the Vis Effect or Ensemble tapes I don't know for sure.

:worthy: Signnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn