DCI running DCA?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eyecatcher?  You betcha..

A friend with absolutely no agenda told me that.. DCI will be running a DCA show this summer.

Any truth? 

Just wondering.

Sharon

Yes. Drum Corps International is the sponsor of the DCA contest in E. Providence RI on August 14 (Ocean State Classic).

Tickets can be ordered on DCI's web site:

http://tinyurl.com/9ux85

Glen

DCI has sponsored DCA contests before. There were shows held in conjunction with Championships in Madison 1999 and Buffalo 2001. This will be a DCA contest with DCA judges and all the usual, nothing different from a competition standpoint.

It is a win-win for everyone involved IMHO. Many fans attending the DCI contest are from out of the region and can get their first exposure to DCA. DCA gets an opportunity to attract new fans and members. New England DCA fans get a better than usual lineup with both Empire and Brigs in the contest. The DCA corps in the show get a chance to see DCI Finals live. DCI stands to make some money running the contest. Looks pretty goods from here.

It would be really really nice to bring back the " All-Age corps Showcase" for the 2006 DCI Finals in Madison.

Eyecatcher?  You betcha..

A friend with absolutely no agenda told me that.. DCI will be running a DCA show this summer.

Any truth? 

Just wondering.

Sharon

Back away from the conspiracy.

Oh wait, there is no conspiracy. Sorry. My bad.

042.gif

Back away from the conspiracy. 

Oh wait, there is no conspiracy.  Sorry.  My bad. 

042.gif

Tell that to Mel Gibson...

Why?

Sharon

These are just off the top of my head:

1. Marketing. Members of those all-age corps participating in the Sunday competition, unless they're in a competition on Saturday, may be in the Providence/Boston area on the day of Finals for rehearsal. DCI might sell a few extra tickets as a result.

2. Strenghening ties. Sponsoring the show, allowing all-age corps on the west coast and midwest to compete at DCI events, recognizing all-age corps during the Classic Countdown...While there are differences, some philosophical, some petty, between DCI and DCA, sponsoring this show gives DCI a chance to build a better relationship with DCA.

3. Location. DCI is holding Finals in the hotbed of all-age corps. They know there's a strong all-age audience to be found in the area. Add to that some DCI Finals attendees who want more drum corps and there's a good chance this show may succeed better than we think.

why is it that it automatically assumed that any co-association of the two groups is bad? :blink:

maybe, just maybe, if they worked together more often people would realize that in the end their main goals are really quite similar.

but it is best to assume that there is some sinister plot going on instead.