DCI running DCA?

Speaking of DCI and DCA.. Does anyone know who is doing the exhibition on Friday night at Prelims :blink: Would be nice if it was a DCA alumni with history Behind it. :sshh:

If they did anything like that it would be nice if they had put that on the schedule and maybe in the news to let people know who hit might be.. THats if it going to be a DCA Corps.. :) :sshh: :sshh:

Edited by Oddone

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of DCI and DCA.. Does anyone know who is doing the exhibition on Friday night at Prelims  :blink:  Would be nice if it was a DCA alumni with history Behind it.    :sshh:

If they did anything like that it would be nice if they had put that on the schedule and maybe in the news to let people know who hit might be.. THats if it going to be a DCA Corps..  :)  :sshh:  :sshh:

I was told this past Sat before Naperville Cavies show, RA was performing exhibition after pre-lims.

Muz B)

Personally, I can't see any reason why DCI would want to take in additional headaches of running a senior/all-age circuit on top of everything they deal with on the junior level.

I'm gonna have to re-read the thread.  I didn't get a consensus feeling along these lines.

Not sure whether you're saying this is a good or bad thing...

That's assuming:

1.  DCI amends it's charter

2.  DCA corps abandon DCA for DCI

3.  There are no other performance options for DCA corps outside of DCI

4.  DCI is willing to take on the extra burden of administrating the senior corps activity

I'm willing to bet that, if you asked a DCI board member if they wanted to absorb DCA, they would give you a suprised look and say, "Why on earth would we want to do THAT???"  DCI's got enough on it's plate right now with junior corps.

I agree that a single drum corps circuit isn't a good thing.  Not sure about the terminology change to "all-age" corps.  Have to admit, though, that I just call it senior corps regardless.

Times certainly have changed.  I will say that, speaking from personal experience, having marched in a senior corps that also had 15 year olds (and younger) as members, I had the unique and humbling experience of being a role model and mentor.  I just hope I didn't screw those kids up! :D

Think of it as having a unique viewpoint on issues such as these.  Besides, so what if you're in the minority?  It's more fun than having everybody agree with you. :D

Well, if you put together all of my family's drum corps experience, then we MIGHT be able to say the same, which means that it took three generations for my family to do what you yourself have already done.

I'm jealous.

Well, I just changed cell phone companies, so I guess SOME change is good...

Seriously, though, I do have to say that anybody who uses the "change is good" line or the "you can't stop change" defense really isn't defending their position.  Not all change is good and not all changes are unstoppable.  Or irreversable, for that matter.

Right here.

Speaking of DCI and DCA.. Does anyone know who is doing the exhibition on Friday night at Prelims  :ph34r:  Would be nice if it was a DCA alumni with history Behind it.    :sshh:

If they did anything like that it would be nice if they had put that on the schedule and maybe in the news to let people know who hit might be.. THats if it going to be a DCA Corps..  :)  :sshh:  :sshh:

I heard that the CABS Allum were playing, is that enough history for ya??? but of course DCI won't announce it.

why is it that it automatically assumed that any co-association of the two groups is bad? :ph34r:

DCI has there agenda and DCA has there's. You would think that the two groups would be alike but not so.

I would guess if you took a DCI corps and a DCA corps, lets say the two champion corps and had them do there show you would see a difference with some similarities.

Creative vs. Entertain