PHANTOM 2003

Just pulled out some DVD's, watched some Cadets, some BD......then some Phantom 2003.

Thank you to everyone involved with that organization that year (and any other year for that matter).

WOW. what a show. I remember seeing it live in Utah, and that show honestly made my eyes well up with tears.

Beautiful....just beautiful.

I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep on my big huge pillow.

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny story, Phantom 03 actually got my grandma hooked on drum corps. She didn't know a single thing about drum corps, only that her granddaughter (me) played drums in the band. On a whim, she decided to go to the show in her hometown of Midland. She had an absolute blast and called us bright and early the next morning to rave about it. A couple of days later I stumbled across this online (read before continuing). Turns out my grandma was the woman in white! Hmm, maybe I should take a picture with her and submit it to that DCI.org column, haha. Anyway, I'm going with her in a week to the Midland show and she said that she would wear white again, so if you see an elderly lady dressed in white in a wheelchair, well, that's my grandma.

My wife boohooed at '03 Phantom. Cannon gets her every time.

mm phantom 03... got me back into being a fan again... (was on hiatus for about 4 years...)

omg that was your grandma?

I remmember seeing her at Midland when we did the victory concert, couldn't help but smile. Unfortunately I didn't make it over to meet her, but several other euphs did, and they said she was so nice.

One of the most overrated and bandwagoned hornlines of all time.

I saw them live at finals and I was sitting at about the 0 yardline. During the turnaround in Canon they were facing directly at me for about a second. I heard some of the nastiest sounds coming out of them that I have ever heard from a hornline.

And people wondered why they didn't win brass or even come close.

That's my take on it.

One of the most overrated and bandwagoned hornlines of all time.

I saw them live at finals and I was sitting at about the 0 yardline. During the turnaround in Canon they were facing directly at me for about a second. I heard some of the nastiest sounds coming out of them that I have ever heard from a hornline.

And people wondered why they didn't win brass or even come close.

That's my take on it.

0 yard line.... hm.

that could explain it.

~>conner