PHANTOM 2003

good bad or indifferent......in my case i tear up when i hear it.....03 phantom was one of the most defining moments of drum corp...and be it a first place (scv 89, bd 76) or not (scouts 95,99) <--- (these are my defining) it will be a show that people remember and that is what this acitivity is all about. the performers, the audience, and the heart. who cares if there were mistakes that means that there was actually emotion in the show and when you get that rush mistakes will happen. oh well can still be an amazing show...the hit at the end wow that is what drum corps is all about...

let the show be good, bad or indifferent....it was memorable

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize for making it seem that being critical makes someone lazy, I guess the point I would rather emphasize is that there is a lot of really really good things going on out there on the field, and as fans and supporters of a truly brilliant activity, we need to be more positive.

And everyone is entitled to their own opinion which is great and is in fact needed for DC and any other organization that is looking to grow and improve, but it won't hurt to sit back and try to enjoy a drum corps show for its intended purpouse--to get you off your feet and screaming!

Thats all I have--I never intend to offend anyone here, so sorry if i did.

I agree with everything you said. 100%. Phantom certainly did that to me in 03. :)

Funny story, Phantom 03 actually got my grandma hooked on drum corps.  She didn't know a single thing about drum corps, only that her granddaughter (me) played drums in the band.  On a whim, she decided to go to the show in her hometown of Midland.  She had an absolute blast and called us bright and early the next morning to rave about it.  A couple of days later I stumbled across this online (read before continuing).  Turns out my grandma was the woman in white!  Hmm, maybe I should take a picture with her and submit it to that DCI.org column, haha.  Anyway, I'm going with her in a week to the Midland show and she said that she would wear white again, so if you see an elderly lady dressed in white in a wheelchair, well, that's my grandma.

What a great story! :worthy: