In case no one noticed ...

Dont forget Mystikal they got the Highest score in Div 3 on 7/18 but there seasons over aswell West coast is looking strong, and dont give me any of that "west coast scores are higher than east coast"

Congrats to Spokane Thunder and Mystikal.

I had the pleasure to seeing Mystikal in Mesa, AZ Show couple weeks back. They certainly concluded on a DIV III high scoring note. Terrific group of kids, and so relieved to have learned that they had located a truck driver to assist in its final tour appearances in No. Cal.

I must add that THE ACADEMY from Tempe, AZ made their final DCI appearance of the season to a most appreciative crowd in Denver at last weekends DATR. Concluding their second undefeated season in Divison II, quite an accomplishment despite two years of "limited" touring. Happy Trails and Best wishes to all Div II & III Corps moving on to Finals.

Looking forward to seeing all three "on the road again" in 2006.

Cheers!

exactly. or the top in DIV III.  oh well.

That one is a little harder to claim. Several of the prospective top Div. III corps have not even competed yet, namely Yamato, Revolution and Dutch Boy. It will be very interesting to see where they wind up in scores after a few weeks of shows like Thunder and Mystikal had. Personally, I think they will be scoring alot higher.

Congrats to Spokane Thunder and Mystikal.

I second that. I saw both in Sunnyvale. Two very good Division 3 corps. One thing I found interesting is that both corps are about the same size but the makeup is very different. Mystikal has about 20 guard and smaller hornline. The Thunder has 43 in the hornline and only 6 in the guard. Only in Division 3 do you see such contrasts in corps personnel. The Thunder's hornline sounds like a Division 2 corps which must have fooled the judges at Sunnyvale. At the awards they were originally announced as the fourth place corps in Division 2 and then they had to correct that and award them 2nd place in Division 3. Minor fiasco, except for the corps that had their award taken away.

That one is a little harder to claim.  Several of the prospective top Div. III corps have not even competed yet, namely Yamato, Revolution and Dutch Boy.  It will be very interesting to see where they wind up in scores after a few weeks of shows like Thunder and Mystikal  had.  Personally, I think they will be scoring alot higher.

i don't disagree with that. we're just talking about the current top corps. it's still the middle of july - scores will certainly go higher and those three corps will come out hot.

Dont forget Mystikal they got the Highest score in Div 3 on 7/18 but there seasons over aswell West coast is looking strong, and dont give me any of that "west coast scores are higher than east coast"

They are in this case, though. The Eastern division IIIs had no shows this weekend, so their scores are from a week earlier.

But that little detail doesn't make Mystikal or Spokane Thunder any less outstanding, so let's take some time out to acknowledge these fine Western programs.