Dutch Boy

I was looking around Dutch Boy's website and found this on their forum....

"Losing Steve is a big blow to all of you and that's understandable. Now, it's your turn to suck it up. You have got a show that will no doubt in anybodies mind, to put you in the top three ......."

I also noticed that on DCI's page under Division 3 corps contact list, the name of the corps director has changed.....Can anyone from the Dutch Boy organization give some insight into this topic??? Is Steve Miekle still the corps director???

Edited by arno0940

Hi.

Following a meeting with representatives of the Board of Directors on Tuesday July 12, Steve Meikle has indeed parted ways with Dutch Boy. The board cited differences of opinion on the management and direction of the corps.

Assistant director Deb Shertzer has stepped into the director role, the instructional and support staffs are all solid and stepping up to the challenge, and the kids are still working as hard as ever.

New guard uniforms were purchased just yesterday. We WILL be leaving on tour as planned tomorrow night, and we WILL make all of our scheduled appearances all the way to Rhode Island. Everyone at Dutch is more determined than ever that this will be the most successful Dutch Boy season in many years.

Cheers

Jim

Just wait till you see us in 2006! :D

Sorry to hear about Steve leaving. I am sure that he always had the best interests of the kids and the corps at heart. Good Luck Steve!

As the one who originally wrote the article, this was to be between  me and the members of the corps!!

I don't think Jim, meant to step on any toes. It was posted on a public forum on the internet so you have to expect that someone outside the Dutchboys might see it.

Perhaps adding a request in posts like this that they not be re-posted would help. It's not enforce-able of course but I know I would respect such a request.

As the one who originally wrote the article, this was to be between  me and the members of the corps!!

I don't think Jim, meant to step on any toes. It was posted on a public forum on the internet so you have to expect that someone outside the Dutchboys might see it.

Perhaps adding a request in posts like this that they not be re-posted would help. It's not enforce-able of course but I know I would respect such a request.

Ya, I know now!! I've already emailed the original poster of this thread and we smoothed things out !!!

I talked to Jim and he explained what he did and that was OK with me !!!!!

I've calmed down !!!! (breath)

Edited by ODBC