Free Flight to Finals

I hold in my hand 4 free airline passes. I won't name my company, but we do fly to most parts of the country. Here's the deal. I would like to give (that's right, give: they expire faster than I can use them) these passes to someone who would otherwise have no chance of traveling to Finals.

Important disclaimers:

1. We do not fly into Providence. I believe the closest I could get you is Manchester, NH, or Albany, NY, so you would have some driving to do.

2. VERY important. These passes are standby. That means if the plane is full of paying passengers, you don't go. So this is not appropriate for someone who already has show tickets, or any type of hotel or car reservation that can't be cancelled.

3. Because these passes are standby, you must be extremely flexible. Ideally I would like these to go to a student or teacher who has the summer off. You may not get there when you want to, and you may not get back when you want. And if things go real bad, you might get stuck. I will assist you in any way I can, but if the flights are full there is nothing I can do.

4. These are part of my employment benefits. My name is on these passes. The way you conduct yourself reflects on me. If you can conduct yourself in a courteous, respectful manner at all times, even if you don't get on a flight, I would like to help you. If you think you would lose your cool watching several flights leave without you (even if it is finals day!), please don't contact me.

All I ask in return if this works out for anyone is to make a generous donation to the Phantom Regiment fuel fund at the souvie stand, and cheer extra loud when they are on the field!

Also, I am gone quite a lot for days at a time, so please be patient if I don't get back to you right away, but we do need to make this happen ASAP so I can get everything lined up.

And, please, if you can afford your own tickets, leave this for someone else.

Thanks

EDIT: Passes are now spoken for( to be used by members of DCP!) Thanks to all who wrote.

Edited by sopranopilot

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You may also want to mention the dress code. I know with the airline I work for, they enforce a pretty strict dress code for non-rev travel. I just don't want anyone missing finals because they decided to wear shorts and sandals!!

(Dress like you're goin' to church, and you'll be fine!)

Hey, if you can wear flip flops to the White House... :P

Nice! Im an F/A for America West. Our buddy passes aren't free however, they're zone-based, west coast to Boston is a cool $103 each way. (edit) unfortunately, I'm all out, and wont be getting more till mid-august, otherwise i'd still be offering them to everyone :)

But yeah, i just want to second the advice that if you want to take advantage of these employee bennies, you will have to dress nice, or you will not be boarded. (Now if only we could enforce such a rule for the general public...)

Edited by Beatty

Nice!  Im an F/A for America West.  Our buddy passes aren't free however, they're zone-based, west coast to Boston is a cool $103 each way.  I have a few I can give out too to some west coast people (denver on west) to go to boston... PM if interested.

But yeah, i just want to second the advice that if you want to take advantage of these employee bennies, you will have to dress nice, or you will not be boarded.  (Now if only we could enforce such a rule for the general public...)

just my .02.....remember that this is a priviledge, not a right. wait until you are asked if you would like something, DON'T demand ANYTHING! if you are courteous (showing those church goin' manners, and all) you'll do okay. if you're the type that feels "entitled" (and those of us in the biz know what i'm talking about) don't bother. you'll just #### off all the employees, and endanger sopranopilot's flight priviledges and/or job. yes, he/she could get fired for your behavior on a flight. i've seen it happen at my airline. i've also, unfortunately, have had the responsibility of reporting a non-revs (that's what you'll be referred as) behavior to higher ups. one employee was grateful (i actually knew him, and he was MORTIFIED at how his friend behaved), others....well, let's just say it's a difficult position to be in.

this is an extremely generous gift. the person(s) that receive this should consider it as such.

Ü

jan

p.s. soppilot, i now know you and i don't work for the same company, we DO fly into providence.

Nice!  Im an F/A for America West.  Our buddy passes aren't free however, they're zone-based, west coast to Boston is a cool $103 each way.  I have a few I can give out too to some west coast people (denver on west) to go to boston... PM if interested.

But yeah, i just want to second the advice that if you want to take advantage of these employee bennies, you will have to dress nice, or you will not be boarded.  (Now if only we could enforce such a rule for the general public...)

How's life at HP? I work for US...guess we'll be seeing you guys soon! Great time of year to work for an airline, huh? I've already been to 4 shows in the NE/SE!