Phantom Regiment 2005

I've seen a lot of people talking about PR in different topics, mostly the show scores threads. I'd just like to set one up to talk about them specifically. Great, mediocre, nothing special? What do you guys think and why?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

saw it for the 2nd time on monday night, tons better than the first time i saw it in the early stages of the season. the music is ten times more powerful, and just amazing. same goes for the visual. keep an eye on them B)

About to post a show review for last night's show in Wichita Falls, but here's my take so far on Regiment, after seeing them in San Jose & now last night. It's a very different look and feel for them this year. But, they are really starting to make Gershwin their own. The show is exciting & very fast paced. It's over before you know it. Some very beautiful music, by what is perhaps their best hornline since 1996/1997. Some unbelievable sounds starting to come out of that line. The drumline can get a little lost in this show, but they are very good. Guard & visual design are a revelation. It's amazing how much has been added just since San Jose. New drill is terrific (though still dirty - you can tell what's new), and the color schemes in the guard now, both in costumes, silks, and umbrellas - are just flat out GORGEOUS. I can see how they are getting the Visual GE scores, they are getting. I love the new set towards the end where they make the Eiffel Tower (quaisi a Chevron, too, I suppose). I'm not sure yet how far they can take this show, but I wouldn't rule out any position between 1st and 6th yet (although I think they have a very solid shot on at least 4th, if not better).

Can't wait to see everyone between Dallas tomorrow & San Antonio this weekend. A lot will be revealed!

Harvey

Edited by TexasPRfan

Thanks for the update. We show this show in the early stages in the midwest- Lisle, Rockford and Des Plaines and really liked the direction that Phantom Regiment is taking this year. We cannot wait to see them in Indianapolis in a few weeks!! We are only hearing but great things coming from PR.

Go get em Phantom!!!!!!!!!!! :worthy::worthy::worthy:

LOVE the show musically and visually, BUT, while I think Jon (the Gene Kelly character) is an AWESOME performer....god #### he's good.......almost TOO good.....he's such a character that he's a lot of fun to watch...so much that I realised after watching the show, I had no idea what the guard or corps did becuase I watched him the whole time.....yes, he's THAT good. THe other thing I noticed that is that when I saw them a few weeks ago in San Jose and Stockton, the whole show could have been done without him....he was rarelt part of a form, and almost never did the show work, his show was almost one big solo....in fact, if he were to be taken out of the show completely, the ONLY place you would notice ANYTHING at all missing is at teh end of the first flag section....he is the ONLY guard member on the field while the females all change equipment, so without himi the show would be lacking visually just a bit there, and then later int eh show, there is sequential rifle toss where he tosses and one of the girl;s pushes him down and catches his rifle with an "anything you can do I can do better" attitude.....without him there to toss, she has nothing to catch, otherwise he could be dropped from the show COMPLETELY and the show would still make perfect sense without a single rewrite.

OH.....and I like how every flag has the sargeant stripes incorparted into it in one way or another.

I think that they need to get back across the Mississippi so I can see them in Indy next weekend! <rimshot>

Be sure to tip your waitress, I'll be here all week.

But seriously folks, I'm really looking forward to seeing them, hearing lots of good things about them this year! :worthy:

I saw Phantom at Madison's home show. Thought they were technically extremely good in all sections of the corps. I've always loved Phantom's horn sound (balance) and I'm a drummer, and this year is no exception, beautiful.

However, I thought the show was extremely boring. Great performance, boring show design. Bummer.

(yawn)

I think Phantom's show is wonderful, but I am completely biased. The music is breathtaking and the guard members are beautiful and extremely talented. I cannot wait to see the show again in Murfreesboro and oh yeah, I get to see my daughter. Tears WILL be shed.

Thank goodness for DCP and the reviews. I am addicted and need a 12 step program.

Phantom Regiment ------> :worthy:

We love you Sara!!! Go gettum!!