Phantom Regiment 2005

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm only basing my opinion of the Des Plaines APD, but I thought the show was great...

It's the only APD I've listened to where I thought "this is a great show" at the end...

It's trite.

Trite? Can you explain? No offense, but you've used the word twice in describing them, and I just want to make sure you didn't just use "Word of the Day" toilet paper. :worthy:

Awesome show! Not what I'd expect to hear from PR, but I'm glad they've climbed back up into the upper echelon of the activity playing super music and an incredibly high level. Entertaining!

I'd like to see them sneak away with a title this year.

Trite?  Can you explain?  No offense, but you've used the word twice in describing them, and I just want to make sure you didn't just use "Word of the Day" toilet paper.  :huh:

What a lame insertion of "no offense". Offense taken, sir. And yes, I know what trite means.

What a lame insertion of "no offense".  Offense taken, sir.  And yes, I know what trite means.

Alright, take all the offense you want then, because it was certainly meant to be offensive. Now you'll know how the fans, alumni, designers, and performers of the 2005 Regiment show feel when you call their show "trite."

And you know what...I'm not sure you DO know the meaning of the word. Because this show does NOT lack the power to evoke interest, and the music has NOT been overused (American in Paris AND Rhapsody in Blue have been used by 3 Division I corps since 1980).

You can say it bores you, you can say you are not a fan of the corps, you can say you're not a fan of Gershwin. But the show is certainly not trite, and if you're offended that someone questioned your use of the word (talk about lame), well too darn bad...what's good for the goose is good for the gander.