Phantom Regiment 2005

My opinion only - but I have always loved PR and when I heard what the 2005 musical program would be, well, trite would have been what I feared. But I've seen and heard it live. JD and Paul's arrangements are genious in my opinion, and this show has the most potential of any PR show since 1996.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

absolutley incredible!

without hesitation my favorite show of the year!pure drum corps entertainment at it's best!this show has everything,polished music played with finese,intrepretive and stylized drill,wonderful overall color sense and one of [if not] the best color guard of the season!this show is a classic and complete package,beautifully conceived and performed.

When I first saw it, I thought that if the ending didn't change, the show would be in a fight for 3-5 spot. With a tweak on the ending, I felt it could challenge for the 2 spot, or even pull off a surprise championship performance come finals time, kind of like in '96.

I've only gotten to see the show at a practice they did at a local high school, but from seeing the run through at the end, (and it will only get better on the field), the show was awesome! My only problem was the fact that a lot of it was rearranged but it was not done badly by any means...Can't wait to see them in Indy! Phantom's definatly my favorite corps.

My opinion only - but I have always loved PR and when I heard what the 2005 musical program would be, well, trite would have been what I feared. But I've seen and heard it live.  JD and Paul's arrangements are genious in my opinion, and this show has the most potential of any PR show since 1996.

My thoughts exactly. As for those indignant at AggiePhil's "trite" comments, from his other posts, I gather that San Antonio will be his first show, so he hasnt' even seen Regiment LIVE yet.

Harvey

My thoughts exactly.  As for those indignant at AggiePhil's "trite" comments, from his other posts, I gather that San Antonio will be his first show, so he hasnt' even seen Regiment LIVE yet.

Harvey

No, that can't be right. I mean, come on...surely AggiePhil would not render judgement on a show by calling it trite if he has not seen it? People on DCP just aren't like that. :P

No, that can't be right.  I mean, come on...surely AggiePhil would not render judgement on a show by calling it trite if he has not seen it?  People on DCP just aren't like that.  :P

:P LMAO

Go Nikk!

Harvey

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion, but forming one before a live viewing displays either a prejudice against or a closed mind.

There's plenty of that to go around in this environment.

On a side note--Nikk, I have always wondered if my old high school band, quite famous and well known in the Tennessee, Kentucky areas, was very well known of outside of the area. I figure you're a good one to ask given your profession. Have you ever heard of the McGavock High School Band from Nashville, TN? Grand National finalists several times and 3 time regional champion in the BOA arena--23 time state champion in the 32 years the school has been open. Just curious to know if you are familiar with the name.

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion, but forming one before a live viewing displays either a prejudice against or a closed mind.

There's plenty of that to go around in this environment.

On a side note--Nikk, I have always wondered if my old high school band, quite famous and well known in the Tennessee, Kentucky areas, was very well known of outside of the area.  I figure you're a good one to ask given your profession.  Have you ever heard of the McGavock High School Band from Nashville, TN? Grand National finalists several times and 3 time regional champion in the BOA arena--23 time state champion in the 32 years the school has been open.  Just curious to know if you are familiar with the name.

Yeah, I have heard of your school. But I'll bet you've never heard of mine. :P We didn't really concentrate on marching that much...in fact, we only rehearsed once a week! We concentrated mostly on our band and orchestra program...went to BOA National Concert Band festival...our orchestra totally rocked out on Tchaik's "Romeo and Juliet" my last year there....I was proud of those kids, since I started out with only 32 strings my first year.

Anyhow, the school's name is J.P. Taravella.

I have seen Phantom before. San Antonio will not be my first show. I have listened to Phantom's new show through APDs. I just don't care for this year's music. Doesn't nearly do as much for me as say...2003. Is that OK with you people? Good Lord...I still love Phantom Regiment. They are not their music selection. I'm just talking about this year's music selection.