From the concrete canyons of New York City

oh boy here we go. dude, NY will always be NY.

Thank you.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure i'm gonna be called names for this and everyone will assume I'm not a Skyliners fan, but ...

Shouldn't this post be called From the Concrete Canyons of Stroudsburg, PA?

Or even Dover, NJ?

When was the last time the Skyliners were ACTUALLY from New York?

Same goes for Kiwanis Kavaliers.  They say they are from Ontario, Canada but rehearse in Florida, USA.

I don't get it.

When I marched, 60's-70's, we rehearsed mostly in New Jersey. Friday nights you could find us on Randall's Island, which is in New York City. That's about the only time we were in the City. We were still the New York Skyliners even though most of our time was spent in New Jersey.

The New York Skyliners competitive corps, from what I understand, have a great facility to rehearse at. Sometimes the site that is picked is bassed on, where else do we have to rehearse? I think the location that's picked has a lot to do with recruiting availabillity. A new site takes sometime to kick in for that purpose.

Bottom line:

It doesn't matter where you rehearse, your name is your name.

They are the New York Skyliners.

I'm sure i'm gonna be called names for this and everyone will assume I'm not a Skyliners fan, but ...

Or even Dover, NJ?

Same goes for Kiwanis Kavaliers.  They say they are from Ontario, Canada but rehearse in Florida, USA.

I don't get it.

How about the New York Stroudsberg Dover Skyliners from Hoboken NJ....Lee i Think that is a shirt?

LOL

Dude they are the New York Skyliners

Edited by Skyliner1

I thought the Skyliners folded...........laundry that is.  Oh man that still gets me.  Sky, you had me for a second.

will it's time to fold the laundry replace it's time to make the donuts as the podium yell?

Dude,

Where do the NY Giants & NY Jets play? E. Rutherford, NJ This doesn't seem to bother anybody.

Or even Dover, NJ?

I don't get it.

Sky is a lot better than people are led to believe. I like this promo much better than last week's!!!

Harry's vibrato is exquisite.

Donny

Dude,

Where do the NY Giants & NY Jets play?  E. Rutherford, NJ    This doesn't seem to bother anybody.

accually, that bothers most people(just go to a bills jets game!) ...but sky is from new york, and always will be.

accually, that bothers most people(just go to a bills jets game!) ...but sky is from new york, and always will be.

Actually, right in front of 800 Broadway in the good ol' apple there is a bronze plate in the sidewalk which reads:

October 14, 1954: Garbarina Mazarakos Post #1505, New York, NY

For winning the American Legion National Championships

Sock it in Garbarina...Let's go!

Barbara

You can take the girl out of the city, but you can't take the city out of the girl!