Difficulty in DCA scoring

Do you find DCA more or less entertaining since they took the "difficulty caption" off the sheets?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find DCA more or less entertaining since they took the "difficulty caption" off the sheets?

• yes
    • no
    • Gee, that's the difference in DCA this year!

Now that the season is half over and the "reviews" are far and few between, can I ask why there's no "exciting" drum corps for DCA?

Please don't flame me, I just want to know...especially seeing that there's no "relevant" drum corps that'll have you standing on your seats and throwing babies.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And by the way - who do you think you are saying that none of the DCA shows this season are entertaining???

Goodbye. I don't care if you asked us not to flame you. We don't do that here. Go back to RAMD.

Edited by RumpsPlayer2000

Now that the season is half over and the "reviews" are far and few between, can I ask why there's no "exciting" drum corps for DCA?

Please don't flame me, I just want to know...especially seeing that there's no "relevant" drum corps that'll have you standing on your seats and throwing babies.

What does RELEVANT mean??

i think that difficaulty (sp) should be included, but i dont think it makes it more or less entertaining.

Admins, close this thread. From the get go, he started out by bashing every single corps in DCA.

Edited by RumpsPlayer2000

Admins, close this thread.  From the get go, he started out by bashing every single corps in DCA. Loser.

First of all, I'm not bashing ANY drum corps. I didn't mention one! I would've changed the poll to More or Less if I could've gotten back in to change it. Also, sorry for the "relevant" wrong wording. This post was not intended as a slam to any drum corps or the Association itself. All I wanted to know is that why is there no more "difficulty of performance" in drum corps? Used to be that a drum corps (any drum corps) would do a difficult move and get credit for it. Now, there is no room for "difficulty". And the really hard music to play WHILE marching a difficult

drill doesn't exist anymore. Any "hard moves" are only judged against a drum corps. So I'm sure that the pinwheels and 40 yard company fronts are history, but hopefully not.

Yes, there are some really really good drum corps out there this year (as there are every year), but as I sit in the stands to watch, it seems that they're getting watered down to "meet the sheets". What about the fans who pay $20+ to see a show? I've been to a few shows this summer and have noticed a dwindling of standing ovations through the years when EVERY corps got a standing ovation after their performance.

Chris, I am a fan of many drum corps and mean no disrespect to any one of them, and I am not a troll by any means. I have been affiliated with drum corps since the late 1970's as a performer, now a fan. This was not posted maliciously. I just wanted to know by what I saw at the shows I've attended.

EVERY drum corps works hard, strives to be the best at their sport and continues to get better. I wish every single one of them luck throughout the rest of the season. See you in Scranton. I'll be the one yelling the loudest! For every corps.

Edited by nightstandstalker