SA Stepoff For Blue

Will Bluecoats going on right after the break enable them to set the bar or cause the judges to keep them low allowing room for the others?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Will Bluecoats going on right after the break enable them to set the bar or cause the judges to keep them low allowing room for the others?

• Yes, The judges will let them set the bar
    • No, The judges will make sure they have room for the rest
    • Yes The judges will let them set the bar in regards to phantom & madison
    • Doesn't Matter The Judges Will Score Appropriately

Going on after the intermission is both a plus and minus in this instance I think it could be a plus for Blue so they can show the judges what they have and then have PR, MS, etc follow to perform to that level or not....on the other hand if Blue would come out smoking and do a 90 point performance would the judges give them that or knock it down to a 88.5 to allow room for the other corps to hit 90...

:huh:

My opinion is that the judges will score it correctly no matter what.

In regard to Bluecoats, I don't see them having a 90 performance anyway. They haven't broken 87 yet. Unless they make some major changes or clean a part that's been incredibly dirty, it is very unlikely they would see a 3+ point jump in two shows. Now, I do see them in the high 80's, like an 88 or 89, but not 90 yet.

In my opinion, this post is another attempt by the Bluecoat borg to get us all to think they are better than they really are this year. :P

In all seriousness, I do think the Bluecoats score this weekend will see a bit of a dip, and I don't think it will have anything to do with performance order (although it will be presented that way). Watching the scores the past few weeks, their score has dipped a bit at the major competitions. Case in point:

7/2 Menasha 80.6

7/9 Columbia 80.8 (a week later)

or

7/13 Dublin - 84.10

7/15 Kalamazoo - 83.00

Given their 86.95 last night, I'm expecting about an 85.5 this weekend, not a 90. And it will have nothing to do with performance order and have everything to do with scores being a bit more "modest" for middle-of-the-pack corps at major competitions.

There - that should be enough to get the Bluecoat borg all in a tizzy.

In my opinion, this post is another attempt by the Bluecoat borg to get us all to think they are better than they really are this year.  :P

The purpose of the poll isn't necessarily geared towards bluecoats......I would of posed the same question and comments just replacing names if Madison, phantom or cadets were leading off the 2nd half of SA show after the break.....

Maybe I should of phrased it as will the judges let any corps leading off from the break set the bar and give them a true score or leave room on the sheets for "preconcieved" notions that the next 5 corps are better and therefore will need room to score higher.....

In my opinion, this post is another attempt by the Bluecoat borg to get us all to think they are better than they really are this year.  :P

In all seriousness, I do think the Bluecoats score this weekend will see a bit of a dip, and I don't think it will have anything to do with performance order (although it will be presented that way).  Watching the scores the past few weeks, their score has dipped a bit at the major competitions.  Case in point:

7/2 Menasha 80.6

7/9 Columbia 80.8 (a week later)

or

7/13 Dublin - 84.10

7/15 Kalamazoo - 83.00

Given their 86.95 last night, I'm expecting about an 85.5 this weekend, not a 90.  And it will have nothing to do with performance order and have everything to do with scores being a bit more "modest" for middle-of-the-pack corps at major competitions.

There - that should be enough to get the Bluecoat borg all in a tizzy.

and i bet you are also counting on madison jumping 2 points and taking 3rd place...

when you fail to factor in such major factors such as 1/3 of the show's drill revisions, a new percussion feature, and multiple significant music changes in your prior analysis of evens that have taken place in the last two weeks... i dont see how you hope to expect anyone to put much faith in your pearls of wisdom about this weekend...

dont quit your day job.

"In my opinion, this post is another attempt by the Bluecoat borg to get us all to think they are better than they really are this year. tonguef"

hmmm

it might do you some good to check out http://www.bknights.org/scores/standings.asp

extrapolate some trend lines from that graph.

I love the chart Randomguy...... gotta love crunching the numbers.... As I made a post earlier showing recaps...... while the score from 1-6 might be 1.5ish when you look at the individual numbers its alot closer than that......

Maybe I should of phrased it as will the judges let any corps leading off from the break set the bar and give them a true score or leave room on the sheets for "preconcieved" notions that the next 5 corps are better and therefore will need room to score higher.....

I don't know, I would think the earlier corps might get a conservative score to leave room for placement for the rest. I guess I'd have to ask - do people think the actual number is more important, or the spread between corps?