• Aisle
    • Window

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First Post....Yeahaaa!

Window rules: You can sleep soundly all cuddled up in the corner, and if you are lucky enough to have an attractive seat partner they can lean on you.

Aisle stinks: I could never sleep sitting straight up like that. My rookie year I was in the aisle seat and had another guy next to me, I don't know how I did it but I remember sleeping with my head on the armrest? Memory is fading.....

BTW this is the first thread I've been interested enough in to respond!

Go Bones....."The Peoples Champion"

aisle for sure.  its easier to talk to everyone, get in on bus wars, etc.  plus when youre as tall as me its nice to stretch your legs out, and have easier access to sleeping in the aisle at night!  bad part is you gotta play the game more.

Jeez, I hated playing "the game." On the plus side, sitting in the aisle lets you stretch out and get off the bus faster at housing sites in the morning.

At first I really wanted the window seat. The window seat is always better in a bus or plane, everybody knows that. But drum corps is different. The aisle seat is so much more fun for socializing. And you spend so much time on the bus that it's nice to be able to get up and walk around any time you want without having to step over somebody. Plus 99% of your travels are at night when you're sleeping, so don't worry about missing the view.

This calls for a shout out. JASON AUSTON aka HEFTY was the greatest seat partner a guy could have! "What did I do to deserve this?" HAHA! If you don't get it, don't ask.

This calls for a shout out.  JASON AUSTON aka HEFTY was the greatest seat partner a guy could have!  "What did I do to deserve this?"  HAHA!  If you don't get it, don't ask.

:worthy: ^0^

another pro to the window....

it's the side w/the AC. so, if you're in the back you want the window b/c it'll be cooler.

but last year, I lived in the artic tundra, I'm ALWAYS hot, but at night I slept in a long sleeve tshirt, pajama pants, 2 yes 2 pairs of socks, a hoodie, and a double sided fleece blanket w/batting in the center.

AND I had a fantastic seat partner (and bf) to cuddle with

and I was STILL COLD!

I chose the aisle my rookie year, and then the window for my age out year.

I liked the aisle because it was easier to get on and off the bus when we arrived somewhere. The aisle was also helpful because I am tall, and it allowed me to often times stretch my legs into the aisle when no one else was awake. The bad times I had in the aisle, was playing the game when I was trying to go to sleep!

I think I lucked out choosing a window seat this past season because I found it to be a bit cooler with the AC running or heat when needed. With the buses we had, I was still able to stretch, because I had room under the seat in front of me to do so. However, changing after shows in the window seat is something I had to learn to do. As tall as I was, I would always have to ask someone to undress me, and then I could do everything from there.

I'd take any seat, but I think I prefer the window, just because I liked being in my own little space, and not having aisle stuff falling on me, and people knocking, bumping, or trying to play games with me at night! Ahhh the memories.

It's topics like these that bring back those little memories that made tour so much fun! :)