Bus Seating...Which do you prefer?

Window or Aisle?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Window or Aisle?

• Aisle
    • Window

Me too Krista. I always opted for the window - I was small enough that I could just curl in a ball next to the window and it was so comfortable - especially since both years I marched, I was able to put my feet up on my seat partner's legs (different people both years) and lay out - and they wouldn't mind cause I wasn't heavy. :D

Plus I had a ton of pictures that I stuck on the window so I always had to be there in case they fell :P

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back seat. Drape it with a comforter and it's like heaven. I had it alone, and that was the best for sleeping. I'd be able to lay down with my legs bent. If we had coolers in the aisle, I'd stretch my legs out on those. And also had a "seat partner" during some of those summer. That worked too.

"The Game" .....I assume that is "pass it up" (soda cans, trash, apple cores). It gets old fast, especially right after a rest stop.

My rookie year in the Crossmen the words "pass it up" were often heard seconds after a ball of trash hit someone in the back of the head. Of course it came from the back of the bus populated by over inflated egoed vets, directed towards us lowly rooks.

Ah...the memories.

Did anyone ever have a kid with NO seat? You know, the floater that spent every night sleeping in the aisle or rack and moved around a lot?

Whats "the game"?

"Shut up and play the game!" :P

- Everyone Ever... in the world.

I prefer to spread out over both.

My problem is that I am 6'4" and most of my height is in my torso. I was actually too tall to be comfortable in the aisle seat as I had insufficient head and neck support. Now at my height I still have legs, but my inseam in only 33". I had to give up what leg space was available and in turn use the window / side wall as a pillow support.

So I was pretty much confined to the window space, at least during sleeping hours, but I usually had a seat partner that was willing to switch back and forth depending on the desire of the moment.

It was usually more important to find the seats from front to back that provided the most comfortable ride. The very front of the bus has an amplified swing effect whenever the bus turns. The very back of the bus always seemed to have a much less smooth ride and the shocks and suspension supports were responsible for the weight of the engine. Therefore I tried to find seats about midway between the axles of the bus, and the good years would have some pretty females in the seat directly in front of me. What we remember after all these years.