Oneida, WI?

Why is it I can find absolutely NO information about this show on ANY site ANYWHERE. Even on the sites of the corps participating, it's just listed as "show day" and in "Oneida, WI" but no other information. No start time, no ticket prices, NO LOCATION.. I'm sure Oneida is about as long as an eye blink, but come on.. I really want to go to this show tonight, but I'd prefer not to be driving all over the Wisconsin countryside looking for stadium lights (if, indeed, there are any lights to be used!)

Can anyone shed some light on this show for me? Where is it? What time does it start? Is there a show sponsor?

Thanks!

Stef

Why is it I can find absolutely NO information about this show on ANY site ANYWHERE.  Even on the sites of the corps participating, it's just listed as "show day" and in "Oneida, WI" but no other information.  No start time, no ticket prices, NO LOCATION..   I'm sure Oneida is about as long as an eye blink, but come on.. I really want to go to this show tonight, but I'd prefer not to be driving all over the Wisconsin countryside looking for stadium lights (if, indeed, there are any lights to be used!)

Can anyone shed some light on this show for me?  Where is it?  What time does it start?  Is there a show sponsor?

Thanks!

Stef

Here is the information from the corps' show sheets. I take no responsibility for its accuracy, but I hope it helps.

Show site:

Oneida Nation H.S.

N. Seminary Road

Oneida, WI

Show start time: 6:30 pm

Blue Saints 6:40

Dutch Boy 6:56

Racine Scouts 7:12

Intermission 7:28

Oregon Crusaders 7:53

Colt Cadets 8:09

Ticket info: 920-592-8616

Brad

Edited by BradF

:)

Why is it I can find absolutely NO information about this show on ANY site ANYWHERE.  Even on the sites of the corps participating, it's just listed as "show day" and in "Oneida, WI" but no other information.  No start time, no ticket prices, NO LOCATION..   I'm sure Oneida is about as long as an eye blink, but come on.. I really want to go to this show tonight, but I'd prefer not to be driving all over the Wisconsin countryside looking for stadium lights (if, indeed, there are any lights to be used!)

Can anyone shed some light on this show for me?  Where is it?  What time does it start?  Is there a show sponsor?

Thanks!

Stef

Hey Stef:

I understand that the press box is on the 25 yard line ???? :worthy::worthy:

Talk about bending over backwards to be heard !!!!!!!! b**bs b**bs b**bs

But Dutch Boy are going to surprize a lot of people tonight !!!!! :P :P

They've been working extremely hard on this show and will give the crowd their monies worth, a very entertaining show !!!! ENJOY !!!!! :) :) :) :)

Hey Stef: If you go to the show tonight, could you tell the kids that "The WATERMAN" me, is with them all the way !!!!!!!! (I've been bringing them water to practise during this hot, muggy, humid weather up here!!!)

Could you also email me and tell me what you thought of the show, thanks !!

Edited by ODBC

Why is it I can find absolutely NO information about this show on ANY site ANYWHERE.  Even on the sites of the corps participating, it's just listed as "show day" and in "Oneida, WI" but no other information.  No start time, no ticket prices, NO LOCATION..  I'm sure Oneida is about as long as an eye blink, but come on.. I really want to go to this show tonight, but I'd prefer not to be driving all over the Wisconsin countryside looking for stadium lights (if, indeed, there are any lights to be used!)

Thanks!

Stef

The previous post is right... I just finished talking to my kid, the buses are rolling! I hope you will give a great review tomorrow...

Thnaks in advance! B)

:)

Hey Stef:

I understand that the press box is on the 25 yard line ????  :worthy:  :worthy:

Talk about bending over backwards to be heard !!!!!!!!  b**bs  b**bs  b**bs

But Dutch Boy are going to surprize a lot of people tonight !!!!!  :P  :P

They've been working extremely hard on this show and will give the crowd their monies worth, a very entertaining show !!!!  ENJOY !!!!!    :)    :)  :)  :)

Hey Stef: If you go to the show tonight, could you tell the kids that "The WATERMAN"  me, is with them all the way !!!!!!!!  (I've been bringing them water to practise during this hot, muggy, humid weather up here!!!)

Could you also email me and tell me what you thought of the show, thanks !!

it's actually the 35 yard line and there are no stands, just a hill for spectators to sit on.

it was on the Oneida Reservation, just southwest of Green Bay. And yes, it's ground only seating.

A few years ago when they had a show there, people were sitting on the ground....mostly members of the Oneida Nation......and the Troopers marched through them all on their way to the field.....everyone says it was really freaky looking, just like the old westerns!

And yes...it was a DCI show

Edited by FrankBeMe

I have encountered similar problems with an occasional II/III show in the past as well, but I would have thought that listing these shows on the DCI website would be the cure. Evidently, there are still a few shows missing even such essential details like when and where the show is being held.

And you wonder why those same shows don't draw large crowds....

Okay.. briefly (because it's late and my steak is cookin' bay-bay!)..

After many hours of searching and trying to be creative with google (searching for High Schools in the Oneida area, checking the area for local events notices) and finding NOTHING.. I did call DCI and they apologized but explained that they had posted all the show information they had received from the show sponsor.

She asked around the office and found a telephone number listed for the show sponsor .. I called and a woman answered who didn't know who she was or what phone she was answering.. (the first words I heard were, "uuuhhhhh.. wha.. thank you.. uuuuhhh" so.. yeah.

Ultimately, this woman told me that she was the person I needed to talk to and she was even a bit rude.. all I wanted to know was basic information so I could show up, buy a ticket and watch a nice drum corps show on a beautiful evening in Northern Wisconsin with my boyfriend.

Once we finally got that and got up there, we had a great time.

It was not ground only seating, there was a new set of stands but most people opted to sit on the large hill behind the stands for a better drill viewing vantage. We sat on the ground at the base of the stands on about the 40 yard line. It was a nice place to see all those kids' faces.

Great show.. I thought Dutch Boy was fantastic.. their guard is spectacular and the show is written intelligently -- not out of the range of their abilities and lots of room to clean.

I also noted that a few of these II/III corps (not just OC, by the way.. I just can't remember who) were using *gasp* amplifiers.. and doing it pretty well. One corps even had a drumspeak section (it may very well have been Dutch Boy.. I can't recall now) where sections called and responded.. then one kid did it into a microphone. I really liked it in this instance.

I also loved Colt Cadets' show (but I've said this before).. every kid in that show is giving 157%.. and even if their skills are very elementary.. the show is fun and has lots of laugh moments for us oldsters who remember things like "frogger" and "pole position."

OC is (as could be expected) AWESOME.. their hornline just knocked me off my feet (but don't worry, I was already sitting). I sat with their guard caption head and he was giving me little tidbits about the guard's show all the way through.. it's a good one.. I liked it a lot.

I also have to say we had the best time watching the pit of the (I think it was) Blue Saints.. there was this little blonde kid -- couldn't have been more than 8 or 9.. and we think his ritalin ran out.. he was awesome.. pretty much just doing whatever he wanted.. but when he got bored, he'd start doing visuals.. turning spins and doing all this cool stuff.. He made that show GREAT! (not that it wasn't great to begin with.. but he just had us cracking up)..

Ultimately, it was a nice night.. the announcer was a hoot and the shows were really great. We helped some pit kids push their instruments up that huge hill on the way to our car after the show and then headed for Green Bay and Door County the next morning.

That's my review.

Stef