Houston?

Only six corps, and still no scores from the contest.  I am guessing Madison will be in the upper 87's to lower 88's.

Mike

*sigh*

Let's do the math.

The show was scheduled to begin at 7:30pm CDT. I'm going change it to 8:30 EDT, 'cause that's the time zone I'm in.

Now, we all know shows don't start on time in the majority of cases. Let's say the show "begins" at 8:35. Of course, the first corps doesn't step off at 8:35. We have to have 5 minutes of announcements and the playing of the SSB. So, the first corps steps off at 8:40. 6 corps at 17 minutes each is 102 minutes. Let's lowball and say 90. Include 20 minutes for an intermission ('cause there will likely be one, even with six corps), and we are at 10:30. Allow 30 minutes for announcing of scores and the encore. That gives people 29 minutes (according to your post time) to get out of the stadium, get to their cars, drive home, and have the first thing they think of jump on DCP and type in the scores.

'Cause the only other option is relying on dci.org for scores. Given the complaints about online scores this season, I'd rather NOT face that option.

Patience, grasshopper. :)

(DCI) THE exSIGHTment OF SOUND, Houston, TX

July 22, 2005

Place Corps Score

DIVISION I

1 Madison Scouts 87.400

2 Santa Clara Vanguard 82.650

3 Spirit from JSU 80.350

4 The Magic 72.500

5 Kiwanis Kavaliers 64.400

1 Teal Sound 73.350