ECJ 84.9

Spartans 84.65

congrats ECJ!

~>conner

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was a very exciting night. i was on the field with ecj when the scores were announced, and they went nuts. and then we had the privege of playing america oh canada with them. that was a great experience. i'm definately looking forward to seeing more of ECJ in these coming weeks. the best of luck to them at all their upcoming shows.

that  was a very exciting night. i was on the field with ecj when the scores were announced, and they went nuts. and then we had the privege of playing america oh canada with them. that was a great experience. i'm definately looking forward to seeing more of ECJ in these coming weeks. the best of luck to them at all their upcoming shows.

No recap yet from DCI. Have heard that Spartans had penalty. Any info out there?

So, the host site could not find a suitable warm up site with ample distance or structures to block the sound?  Were other Corps heard warming up as well?

CM

Yes.

So, the host site could not find a suitable warm up site with ample distance or structures to block the sound?  Were other Corps heard warming up as well?

CM

the 7th Regiment provided ample & suitable warm up space...in fact the Spartans housing site has a brand new field & is less than 10 minutes from the show.

The Spartans drum line continued to warm up long after the show began & after they were warned by show officials to stop.

Also rudeness & arrogance can not be blamed on the host corps...

Lizz

Sadly, I must agree with Lizz. The Spartans did not cover themselves in glory on Saturday. The behavior of ther staff after the show was not one of their proudest moments. Screaming & yellling not only at the DCI guy, but also each other.

Controversy nonetheless (seems like there always is when 2 corps battle it out all Summer) the 2 groups (Spartans & ECJ) have clearly distanced themselves from the rest of the Div 2 pack. Don't be surprised top see Surf push hard to the Atlantic Division trifecta.

the 7th Regiment provided ample & suitable warm up space...in fact the Spartans housing site has a brand new field & is less than 10 minutes from the show.

The Spartans drum line continued to warm up long after the show began & after they were warned by show officials to stop.

Also rudeness & arrogance can not be blamed on the host corps...

Lizz

quoting nypb "Spartans had a .5 penalty, rumor has it for playing too loud in warm up. No one else was penalized for the same thing, very strange. Take away the penalty and they won. "

While true, following the rules is part of the game. This is a legitimate (and exciting) win for ECJ. If it had been finals ECJ would be the champions regardless of the penalty. I was at that show and definitely heard the Spartans DL over others.

I also agree with CenterX on the behavior of the staff in regards to the coordinator. They were seen screaming at him right in front of the stands (and therefore audience) while ECJ was playing their encore. Any disagreement should have been dealt with more professionally. The man was just enforcing the rules set by DCI....

Edited by DrumCorpsFan1981