ECJ vs. Spartans!

It was there all along, you just be able see more clearly - without OC-rose colored glasses!

BTW Congratulations to Teal Sound & Blue STars for being much improved over last season.

On Sunday night, the following corps scored as follows;

East Coast Jazz 91.900

Teal Sound 90.450

Impulse 90.200

Oregon Crusaders 90.150

Blue Stars 89.650

Fever 89.075

Jersey Surf 87.45

Memphis Sound 87.100

For the last two weeks, no corps had "clearly distanced themselves" from the rest of the group.

I'm a little puzzled by the point spread between the top eight corps at this mornings prelims, considering how close these groups have been all season.

From my observations of past championships, there will be little or no change in the placements from the prelims to the finals and grand finals. It appears that the judges have NOW clearly indicated who's going to be on the podium for the Division II championships.

Or maybe not............ :beer:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was there all along, you just be able see more clearly  - without OC-rose colored glasses!

BTW Congratulations to Teal Sound & Blue STars for being much improved over last season.

I think OC-colored glasses would be green, sort of like the ones they wear in the book "The Wizard of OZ" ("The Vizier of OC"?).

Anyway, I was there yesterday - not that my opinion matters - I love both corps equally - I thought ECJ had won it but the recap tells me that Spartans had GE (and we all know that the high GE score generally wins - generally). The execution scores are pretty close and I think enough wriggle room could be found there to switch places.

I still don't know what yesterday's penalty was for - .6 is a lot - by comparison the Blue Stars were over in the corner by the field entrance in a big wraggle singing their corps song - I suspect they just didn't know they could clearly be heard from the stands during quiet parts of Fever's show. I don't begrudge them the moment and though it was noticable, it wasn't obnoxious. There was no penalty assessed.

I don't think Blue Stars can perform their show well enough to make up for the gap of 1.3 in total GE - they're down a full point in visual rep alone - I don't see it - no pun intended.

But if there is any corps that has the traditon and cojones to do it, it would be them.

I said in my notes, if either ECJ or Spartans let up in execution focus for even a single 16 count phrase they could lose the ring.

It's that close - with the blood pressure I carry these days I don't envy them the tension, but as a passionately disinterested observer, I think this is a slammin' end to a great season.

regards and thanks to all the corps for a great season.

Oh yeah, I'm sure the Div. I corps did nice jobs too. B)

Jim