ECJ vs. Spartans!

I, too, am very disappointed in the behavior of the SPARTANS representative. I hope this does not filtrate down to the members of the corps. The SPARTANS organization is a class act...its too bad that some in attendance left the show with the wrong impression of their organization.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, too, am very disappointed in the behavior of the SPARTANS representative.  I hope this does not filtrate down to the members of the corps. The SPARTANS organization is a class act...its too bad that some in attendance left the show with the wrong impression of their organization.

The corps will act as their leadership does.

They need to learn how to lose gracefully.

Edited by OMH

The corps will act as their leadership does.

I have been at several shows this season and been very close to the Spartans, and they EXUDE arrogance.

They need to learn how to lose gracefully;  I hope they learn that this year.

Nice. Very nice. I think you'll have to settle for seeing them win gracefully. Arrogance and pride appear very similar. I wasn't at New London, but have never seen "arrogance" from the Spartans Corps members. I have seen the Spartans salute at EVERY Pass and Review. One Corps didn't render this honor at Spartans' home show though.

Sadly, I must agree with Lizz. The Spartans did not cover themselves in glory on Saturday. The behavior of ther staff after the show was not one of their proudest moments. Screaming & yellling not only at the DCI guy, but also each other.

Controversy nonetheless (seems like there always is when 2 corps battle it out all Summer) the 2 groups (Spartans & ECJ) have clearly distanced themselves from the rest of the Div 2 pack. Don't be surprised top see Surf push hard to the Atlantic Division trifecta.

How can you say they have clearly distanced themselves from the rest of the DII pack when they have not competed against anyone from the midwest or west? Maybe they will turn out to be the class of the division, but I would wait until at least the Mich City show to make a statement like above. All in good fun.

Nothing like finding some common ground (tongue in cheek there, I'm not an emoticon person).

I apologize for my previous comment about arrogance.

Even though my impression is unchanged, it was rude for me to make that statement.

It's not the kids' fault; they are doing and acting as they are instructed.

I let the incident at the show speak for itself.

One thing's for sure; it'll be a good finals. Every kid deserves to hold their head high.

I apologize for my previous comment about arrogance.

Even though my impression is unchanged, it was rude for me to make that statement.

It's not the kids' fault; they are doing and acting as they are instructed. 

I let the incident at the show speak for itself.

One thing's for sure; it'll be a good finals.  Every kid deserves to hold their head high.

Indeed it will, and no harm done. It was "tongue in cheek" and not sarcasm. I'm sorry that you had a negative impression of the Spartans. This is our first year with them and my impression has exceeded what I'd hoped to find for my kids after moving to NE from FL. Hopefully they'll leave you with a better impression next time you see them. As you said, it'll be a great Finals (maybe better than DI).

Wow, didn't mean to start a fight on here asking about the penalty. I may be naive, but in the 5 years I've been around Drum Corps with my kids I've never heard of this penalty.

I hope those on here do not let this cloud their judgment and will not judge the kids based on this.

CM