Chicago?

I like what the Kilties are doing up in Racine...and yes EVERYBODY loves Big Blue...but WHEN will a senior corps field in Chicago (east of Harlem...maybe even east of Western Ave :P ...in the actual city!)?

Is anyone already at work on this?

Edited by shostahoosier

Welcome, Shosta - I used to march with the Chicago Connection (in the NW suburbs of Chi-Town, of course) my last year was '79. Sorry to say they're no longer active, though. As of now, if you're looking for a great Senior time in the Chicago metro area, I'd contact the Royalaires. I don't think they're "In" the city proper, but all those great drum corps cities surrounding the city are all within a short drive - or by rail from inside the city. Hope this helps - Thom B)

I like what the Kilties are doing up in Racine...and yes EVERYBODY loves Big Blue...but WHEN will a senior corps field in Chicago (east of Harlem...maybe even east of Western Ave :P  ...in the actual city!)?

Is anyone already at work on this?

Chicago is actually a suburb of Racine................that's why we have a nice strong contigent of Illinois members, plus more from one of Racine's other suburbs (Greater Milwaukee Area), plus many from all over the United States of Racine. b**bs

Welcome, Shosta - I used to march with the Chicago Connection (in the NW suburbs of Chi-Town, of course) my last year was '79. Sorry to say they're no longer active, though. As of now, if you're looking for a great Senior time in the Chicago metro area, I'd contact the Royalaires. I don't think they're "In" the city proper, but all those great drum corps cities surrounding the city are all within a short drive - or by rail from inside the city. Hope this helps - Thom  B)

Thom,

Shostahoosier has been invited several times to RA camps. Maybe senior exhibition corps is not his thing? We held our winter rehearsals in Bensenville, IL this year and have been holding camps in Mooseheart this spring and summer. Both are in the western burbs, however, there are plenty of members that live in the city that would be happy to give Shosta a ride.

We are performing this sunday at the Cavaliers show in Naperville and holding camp at Mooseheart the weekend of August 27th before heading out to DCA in Scranton. Shosta is invited to stop by and check us out.

Dave

PS - BTW, we have a few Chicago Connection alums marching in the Big Blue.

Yes Dave has been an active recruiter for the Royal Airs and I thank him for that :blink: , I LOVE Big Blue, they are always a blast to see in Michigan City every year. But I think I am looking for something a bit competitive (not jr corps level) in Chicago.

Maybe big blue will field an alumni and DCA corps?! :)

Chris

Yes Dave has been an active recruiter for the Royal Airs and I thank him for that :blink: , I LOVE Big Blue, they are always a blast to see in Michigan City every year.  But I think I am looking for something a bit competitive (not jr corps level) in Chicago.

Maybe big blue will field an alumni and DCA corps?! :)

Chris

Aint gonna happen Chris. We have no interest is fielding a competitive senior corps. Heck, it's a major effort for us old-timers just to do the exhibition gigs. If competitive senior corps is your thing, I'd recommend our Mad Plaid friends in Racine. Great group of folks!

Aint gonna happen Chris. We have no interest is fielding a competitive senior corps. Heck, it's a major effort for us old-timers just to do the exhibition gigs. If competitive senior corps is your thing, I'd recommend our Mad Plaid friends in Racine. Great group of folks!

Hey Dave!!!.....I think what he's suggesting is only a natural instinct of most drum corps individuals......competition.....at the same time, if he's never seen DCA's Alumni Spectacular, he doesn't quite understand...

But.....maybe the idea of a small comp/performance unit, similar to Renegades mini, could help boost the interest in RA's goals and attract the under 40 crowd....lol....

Just a thought, .....

Seeya Sunday.....

Billy

Hey Dave!!!.....I think what he's suggesting is only a natural instinct of most drum corps individuals......competition.....at the same time, if he's never seen DCA's Alumni Spectacular, he doesn't quite understand...

But.....maybe the idea of a small comp/performance unit, similar to Renegades mini, could help boost the interest in RA's goals and attract the under 40 crowd....lol....

Just a thought, .....

Seeya Sunday.....

Billy

I would think that there are enough members in RA that could put together a 21 man unit to perform some "classic" tunes. And remember mini-corps can just stand still and PLAY!!! #### I might even think of making the trip from Detroit to Chicago to do that and wear the Big Blue uni. And I'm in the over 40 crowd. Go Blue. B)

• 1 month later...