Semi Finals/Finals Predictions

I'm going to be logging off in a few minutes but I looked at the statistics and it dawned on me:

Could The Crossmen actually miss finals this year? :( I won't get to see their show until quarterfinals via live telecast at my local movie theater but it just doesn't seem very...well, Crossmen. Maybe I should give it a chance.

Anyone else care to comment on The Crossmen's season?

Jon

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCI "Finals Prediction":

So, you "care" what I think?

1. Chicago Cavaliers (Tie)

1. Concord Blue Devils (Tie)

3. Madison Scouts

4. Rockford Phantom Regiment

5. Allentown Cadets

6. Canton Bluecoats

7. Boston Crusaders

8. Carolina Crown

9. Santa Clara Vanguard

10.Toledo Glassmen

11.Spirit of JSU

12.Iowa Colts

Madison's "Carmen Project" and Phantom's "Gershwin" show's (Two programs that I will MOST definitly see before the year is out) placing ahead of "A Town's" "Twilight Zone" is probably wishfull thinking, but I would like to see it happen.

Elphaba

1. Cavaliers

2. Cadets (less than .3 down)

3. BD

4. PR

5. Madison (within .2 of PR)

6. Bluecoats

7. Crown

8. Boston

9. SCV

10. Blue Knights

11. Glassmen

12. Spirit

I haven't seen all the shows yet, but from what I hear:

1. Cavies

2. Cadets

3. Madison

4. Phantom Regiment

5. Blue Devils

6. Carolina Crown

7. Bluecoats

8. Boston Crusaders

9. SCV

10. Blue Knights

11. Spirit

12. Glassmen

Semi- Finals:

1. Cadets

2. Cavies

3. Phantom

4. BD

5. Bulecoats

6. Madison

7. Carolina

8. Boston

9. SCV

10. Glassmen

11. Blue Knights

12. Spirit

Finals:

1. Cadets

2. Phantom

3. Cavies

4. Bluecoats

5. BD

6. Madison

7. Carolina

8. SCV

9. Boston

10.Glassmen

11.Blue Knights

12.Spirit

1. Chicago Cavaliers (Tie)

1. Concord Blue Devils (Tie)

If this were to happen, I do believe we would see a recreation of Jonestown. Glad I won't be there!

However, your Allentown Cadets is quite funny!

Rocketman - "and we're livinig here in Allentown" (Billy Joel)

ampssuck

You can have your opinion on it, and I can have mine, and unless it happens this year I don't think I will really remember this conversation and feel a need to post a "neener neener neeee-ner, told you so!" kind of post.  But mark my words...it WILL happen sometime.  Time is the greatest equalizer.

You know what? :worthy: I hate to say this but I might be eating crow already. Someone just emailed me the full recap of San Antonio and I saw the Blue Devils actually took 6th in brass. Then the next night lost to Crown in brass putting their hornline now in an overall 7th.

OK, time to release to the guy I was posting back and forth with a little secret to my stance... The biggest reason I have always thought Blue Devils would never exit the top 5 is due to their dominant hornline. The lowest they ever placed in brass was 4th in 1987. Aside from that year, their hornline has always been in the top 3 and most of the time win it. Basically, I have always considered their hornline BD's dark secret in how they stay in the top 5 despite occasional inconsistancies in other captions.

Example, in 1991 Blue Devils placed 5th overall (their lowest placement ever). All captions that year were very inconsistant- especially percussion where they were 9th. What held them in the top 5? A tie for 1st with Star in brass. Like all top corps, Cadets, SCV, Cadets often have inconsistancies in various captions. It's ups and downs. That's all. BD however though they have those same ups and downs, never have them in the caption of brass which is why secrety, I giggle when people try and predict them out of the top 5. I simply always think their hornline will keep them in. But now, :( their hornline appears to be having their first down moment in the corps history.

My conclusion, this could very possibly take them out of finals in 05. OK, I get it now. You win. :(

Edited by torn8o

You know what? :worthy: I hate to say this but I might be eating crow already. Someone just emailed me the full recap of San Antonio and I saw the Blue Devils actually took 6th in brass. Then the next night lost to Crown in brass putting their hornline now in an overall 7th.

OK, time to release to the guy I was posting back and forth with a little secret to my stance... The biggest reason I have always thought Blue Devils would never exit the top 5 is due to their dominant hornline. The lowest they ever placed in brass was 4th in 1987. Aside from that year, their hornline has always been in the top 3 and most of the time win it. Basically, I have always considered their hornline BD's dark secret in how they stay in the top 5 despite occasional inconsistancies in other captions.

Example, in 1991 Blue Devils placed 5th overall (their lowest placement ever). All captions that year were very inconsistant- especially percussion where they were 9th. What held them in the top 5? A tie for 1st with Star in brass. Like all top corps, Cadets, SCV, Cadets often have inconsistancies in various captions. It's ups and downs. That's all. BD however though they have those same ups and downs, never have them in the caption of brass which is why secrety, I giggle when people try and predict them out of the top 5. I simply always think their hornline will keep them in. But now,  :(  their hornline appears to be having their first down moment in the corps history.

My conclusion, this could very possibly take them out of finals in 05. OK, I get it now. You win.  :(

Hey man, I know exactly where you're coming from, because I was there myself once. When I marched Regiment, I never thought they would fall out of the Top Five again, and when I attended FSU, I never thought I would see the day we lost more than two games in one year or fell out of the Top 5, much less the top ten.

Unfortunately, both have happened, and it has made me much more aware of historical trends and just how hard it is to stay on top of the world without others catching up to you. Some call it "parity," but you know what? Parity is just a fancy word for "balance."

But you know, even WITH a "down" year in brass, Devils will probably still make the Top 5. I don't really think that the fall will happen this year, but I do think that...historically speaking...it's bound to happen.

Blue Devils are too strong an organization, too classy, and too proud to not bounce right back though, if that day ever comes. Should it ever happen, look out for the corps the following year, because they will be on a mission.

Hey man, I know exactly where you're coming from, because I was there myself once.  When I marched Regiment, I never thought they would fall out of the Top Five again, and when I attended FSU, I never thought I would see the day we lost more than two games in one year or fell out of the Top 5, much less the top ten.

Unfortunately, both have happened, and it has made me much more aware of historical trends and just how hard it is to stay on top of the world without others catching up to you.  Some call it "parity," but you know what?  Parity is just a fancy word for "balance."

But you know, even WITH a "down" year in brass, Devils will probably still make the Top 5.  I don't really think that the fall will happen this year, but I do think that...historically speaking...it's bound to happen. 

Blue Devils are too strong an organization, too classy, and too proud to not bounce right back though, if that day ever comes.  Should it ever happen, look out for the corps the following year, because they will be on a mission.

It's funny how after aging out 10 years ago and having a great family life that this would bother me this much. :worthy: Seems almost silly. You would think it shouldn't bother me. But it does. :( I'm still one of BD's number one fans. And it hurts just as much to see them lose as it would if I were still marching. Why is that? :worthy: You marched the same era I did. Do you still hold this kind of loyalty to Regiment? Am I holding on too tight?

Oh well, so beit. I'm going to Murfreesboro tonight. Got great seats and I am going to annoy the livin daylights out of everyone around me when I leap to my feet during BD's performance. I hope that hornline gives me a face full tonight. And while their at it, hopefully they will give the judges a face full too. :)

Edited by torn8o