New Uniforms...what is your take

BK: Please bring back the dots. That uniform was so uniquely Blue Knights. The current one just looks too generic.

Cadets: I can understand why they did what they did this year but really wish they would bring back what they wore say, from 1935-2002 next year.

(I know there was a forum last year explaining why the traditional uniform couldn't be duplicated anymore, but can't remember why right now.

SCV: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Man, I loved around '97-'02 before they changed the black to green. I can deal with the white pants, but they scream for some more black or green.

Madison: Nevermind.....I need to just shut up.

I'm starting to sound like an old man...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cavies-best in DCI

cadets-love the front

blue devils-like the last ones from 2003

phantom-great

madison -much improved

bluecoats-look cheap up close

crown -dont like fix those shakos

boston -cheap up close

blue knights-cklassy

glassmen -like the ones from 5 years ago or was it 6

spirit-like the white better

crossmen love them need some white or silver

scv -like the traditional ones

kiwainas-?????

troopers-classic

southwind -loved the yellow

cap reg. -I like

seattle-very nice one of the best

colts-nice on the field

SCV-I love this uniform! It looks SO nice in person...

Southwind-The "sharkos" look unusual, but not too distracting, so I'm just kind of indifferent here.

Madison-LOVE the uniforms without the green and with the citation cords added!! They look sharp!

Cadets-I haven't seen them live yet, so I don't really have an opinion...

-and Pioneer?

We changed our uni's in 1998 to the current jacket. We then had tan pants with that and changed those (I believe) in 2001 to black. Then the orange/white sash was replaced by a plaid one and last year the hats were changed to the current style (below). So many changes for Pioneer in recent years, just not real drastic ones. I'd love to return to the white jackets though....

Blue Stars did get new unis....

The first drawing was to go back to the short sleaves but most alumni/members like the long sleaves better.

The new uni has some minor touches on them. The cross straps are attached and no longer hold up with velcro, BIG IMPROVEMENT! The cumberbun is gone, no more white stripe on the legs and they went from white bucks to black shoes.

OLD UNIS.... I'm in the middle BTW

97jfish.jpg

NEW UNIS

1061656333.jpg

Edited by bssop97

Blue Stars did get new unis....

The first drawing was to go back to the short sleaves but most alumni/members like the long sleaves better.

The new uni has some minor touches on them. The cross straps are attached and no longer hold up with velcro, BIG IMPROVEMENT! The cumberbun is gone, no more white stripe on the legs and they went from white bucks to black shoes.

i was reffering more to the fact that the basic design of the uniform has never changed....yes there have been modificatins and variations...but over all it is still based on it's original

Madison - I LOVE it without the red. Much better.

Magic - I like the silver sash, but I liked the red one better.

Kiwanis - Am I the only one that thinks these things are UGLY?

Vanguard - I don't know... I kinda like the new look, but I liked the uniform of the late 90s/early 00s better.

And, I know these two aren't from these year, but I want to comment anyway.

Crossmen - Uniforms look ######.

Crown - The most beautiful Uniform in DCI, in my opinion.

Edit: My comment on the Crossmen was edited. 6 letter word - "Bad" followed by an alternate word for "badonkadonk."

Edited by Musicman1084

umm pioneer did their's like 3 years ago. one that hasn't changed much in the past 25 years is the blue stars.....not much change ever just modifications

for blue stars the major changes were no stripe, cumberbun, citiation cords, to black bucks from white

new unis are a sleaker cut which looks nice cross straps are sowed on look nice

and a high cut top .. white flare on the sholders on looking

they look good I miss the white bucks and strip but hey I cant have every thing :)

sorry about the bad spelling