HEY MADISON....NOTE TO SELF!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can you forget scores for a minute and just appreciate what these guys are doing? besides scores have nothing to do with the ending of the show, it wouldn't change if it was peeling paint loud or cricket silent, the scores do not reflect the end of the show.

Did I ever say that?

he said, Quote: And it doesn't seem to be working with the judges either :UnQuote

the Ending doesn't seem to be working with the judges? do you have any evidence that it isn't? there ending last year had power reeking out of the butt, but they still placed 8th.

this year, they have a Quieter ending, yet they are scoring 5th... sorry, but could someone please explain to me how it is not working with the judges?

I'm not all about scores, and I cant recall ever saying I was.

~>conner

Sadly though, for this generation, they will probably never experience the utter ebb and flow of emotion that used to be present on the field of competition.  This my friend is a true and harsh reality that is a child of our modern day system of judging!

Madsop75

I could understand your point of view until that part, and then i just totally lost you. Ive only been going to shows since 2000 when i was just out of HS, but i have seen plenty of magnificent shows over that time with the "ebb and flow of emotion."

Now about Madison, i love this show about 1000000 times better than last years show, so thats good. I liked the rip your face off Madison of old too, but i cant complain because i really like this show too.

Great POST. I must agree with you 100%. Is great to see MADISON back in the top 3 again. OH WAIT, THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN TOP 3 WITH THIS GREAT SHOW, BUT THE ENDING PUT THE JUDGES TO SLEEP. Anyway, it's too bad that what could have been a top show will again end up 5-9. Well was still a good year but just think of what might have been if the SCOUTS had not ended the show like a WAKE.

I don't see how the new ending is seriously affecting scouts score. Phantom and Scouts are right around the same score right now, and besides last year at this time Madison was the 5th highest score corps. There's nothing wrong with trying something a little different on...just because it's the first time madison has done a soft ending doesn't mean they are breaking with tradition.

Madison's connection with the crowd is a really big deal, even in 2005 and I doubt that they will stick with something that is killing their crowd response. Give it time to breath a little, it hasn't been in that long.

-Dave

the Ending doesn't seem to be working with the judges? do you have any evidence that it isn't? there ending last year had power reeking out of the butt, but they still placed 8th.

this year, they have a Quieter ending, yet they are scoring 5th... sorry, but could someone please explain to me how it is not working with the judges?

~>conner

A couple of things...last year Malaga did have, as you say, "power reeking out of the butt".

Did you ever think that maybe that "power" may have helped them get UP to 8th place.

It is also wrong to say that this year "with a quieter ending" they are placing 5th. The

Scouts just put the soft ending in TWO shows ago. Up until then, when they had been ranked

in the top 4 all year, they had a "power ending". In fact, they actually had brought back the

ending from last year's show.

Don't equate their 2005 success with the new soft ending.

I think the next two shows will tell the staff just how effective the new ending is. I really

trust this staff to do what is best for the corps.

Edited by oldbandguy

A note to Madison:

Dear Scouts,

Your alumni are some of the nuttiest fans in the activity. Best wishes in the next few weeks.

Sincerely,

MadSop, would you be okay with Madison bringing down the house while finishing 10th?

or 14th?

Serious question.

Serious Answer....(I know it wasn't addressed to me, but I couldn't resist!)

YES, I would. I would rather have Madison be Madison and get 10th or 14th before they change who they are to get back into the top three. Like Dave R said....Madisons connection to the crowd is very important, but how good can that connection be with golf claps???

Haven't they already changed enough in the past 3 years??

Bb's, Amps, Uniforms, the design of the FDL, leaving two corps out to dry??

Am I happy that they are back in the mix...of course, who isn't. I mean, they get one more performance under the lights!!! And hopefully, they will get one more night of fans screaming there heads off, standing on there feet when the Scouts end there show. Thats what a Madison ending should be like. (Perhaps you and Connor have never experienced it?!?) They've been doing it since the beginning of time.

Like Dave R said....Madisons connection to the crowd is very important, but how good can that connection be with golf claps??? 

Nail on the head right there. Maybe because I know the design team, (and especially Sal and Mike) if the audience isn't having it, I doubt it will stay.

From what I know, the ending isn't even all together yet as it has just been put into competition. For those who saw Madison last year, the ending wasn't complete until more than 4 shows after it had been added. Just food for thought...

-Dave

Edited by drochau