I don't understand...

I don't understand why the Scouts have this "blow your face off" show for 2/3 of the show and then end it with Bolero and a quiet ending. The first part of the show is totally on fire and they douse the ending with water. Please guys, change the ending...even if you bring back parts of the first two movements, don't let the fire go out before the end of the show!

Rant off...

wasn't there just a thread about this?

The Scouts are working well with the show they have. it's obvious.

Can we move onto something different?

~>conner

wasn't there just a thread about this?

The Scouts are working well with the show they have. it's obvious.

Can we move onto something different?

~>conner

MnScout fan,

Here, let me try to help our friend, PhantomR

You see, it's not the mere fact that Madison's show is as you say "working well". It's much bigger then that! A Madison aficionado can not simply as you say "move on to something different"! Especially when it is realized that this corps which historically has had the ability to move both heaven and earth and has the "horses" to do the same this year and yet is caught leaving its cards on the table. This my friend becomes a serious issue to the Madison devotee. And and issue unfortunately misunderstood by many.

Sincerely,

Madsop75

Trust the show designers.... they know what they're doing. If it doesn't work, they'll change it before finals.

MnScout fan,

Here, let me try to help our friend, PhantomR

You see, it's not the mere fact that Madison's show is as you say "working well".  It's much bigger then that!  A Madison aficionado can not simply as you say "move on to something different"!  Especially when it is realized that this corps which historically has had the ability to move both heaven and earth and has the "horses" to do the same this year and yet is caught leaving its cards on the table.  This my friend becomes a serious issue to the Madison devotee.  And and issue unfortunately misunderstood by many.

Sincerely,

Madsop75

you miss my point.

I never said move onto something "different," I said "move on," as in, dislike the ending however much you want, just talk about all of the POSITIVE things the corps is doing, IE. the brass, the mad improvement of the drumline AND CG... all things that we COULD be focusing on, but we, as humans, decide to think of the glass half empty rather than half full.

I'm not in any way bashing you scoutfan, I'm just saying that this has been the main focuss, similar to SCV.

EDIT* spelling

~>conner

Edited by PhantomR

I'm at a loss for this topic, I marched Madison, and will see the new ending this weekend, I guess I will know then if I like it or not. If it is down and low liek all are saying, I am not sure how I will feel about that. It's just not a corps to end soft, sorry, just not the way I see the "Men of Madison" ending a show!

They will have a new ending a few times over............... They will get it right LATER............ They may need to fall to BC first

It's just not a corps to end soft, sorry, just not the way I see the "Men of Madison" ending a show!

Well, SCV pulled it off quite nicely in 83-84.

Trust the show designers.... they know what they're doing.  If it doesn't work, they'll change it before finals.

Yeah...10 years ago the Cadets had a soft ending to their show (at least they did when I saw it in Pittsburgh a few weeks before finals) and they took it out after the judges didnt respond well (or so I've been told).